DB Photography Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by P1et, Nov 15, 2007.

1. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

Here's a small version, but I suggest clicking on the large version :) More detail!

[​IMG]
    Pine Ave. Pier

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/120450942_e9d8608b06_o.jpg

I didn't want to post it here because it's huge. I took this shot a long time ago at Pine Ave. Pier. Nothing spectacular but it's a panoramic stitched via PTGui. I can't remember if it was 7 or 8 photos. You have to see it in its full size =) Its original resolution is 3791x992. It was kinda hard mainly because the boats are swaying all the time. I can't remember the exposure length either.

This was taken almost 2 years ago (march 6, 2006). Can't believe it's been that long!

2. Dandrop

Dandrop Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I like macro shots. I was toying with my camera about 5 years ago. I want to really take a photography class and update my equipment. :sigh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

ohh i know where that is...not to far from me!
    You gotta bust a pic out of the Queen Mary ..or ontop of Signal Hill

Nice to see a local on this forum!

4. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow, lots of great photographers on here...

I'm still trying to learn how to take proper photos... lots of trial and error (mostly error :p )... but with the digital, it's free... just missed opportunities to get a better shot if failed

Here's some of my photos
    My "girls"...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Parliament Peace Tower
    [​IMG]

Calgary Downtown
    [​IMG]

Panning shot attempts
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Feb. 20 Lunar Eclipse attempts
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Nica

Nica Banned

wow..great photos..I haven't tried taking a picture of a moving object (panning) but it sounds a tad difficult.

Wicke dpictures though :applause: keep them coming :cheerl:

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Those are some fantastic pictures ZeroGravity, very nice work! I need to play around with mine more, I love messing around with different setting, taking about 200x pictures and only getting two really good ones. That's what it's all about!

I would also really enjoy taking a class soon, maybe at a community college or something.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

See I'm the same way I take over 200 pictures but then my problem is I can't decide wich one looks good and which one does not...I mean I know betwee a blury image and what not but as far as colour composition and what not that's where I get lost :shrug:

8. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

I really like shooting motor sports, though I don't get a lot of opportunities to do it.

Some shots from the Grand Prix of Canada:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Formula D:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

great pics guys...keep them coming

10. adriankeith

aw man brianja, what i'd give to be able to go to an event like that. the only thing that gets that interesting is the GP in Long Beach. Those are some great photos. Post up more!

Neil: Hah, I gotta go back to that area to shoot the Queen Mary. I took one picture but it was way back when I just had a point and shoot. You don't happen to own a Supra, do you? (or maybe...did you? hahaha that would be a trip)

ZeroGravity: Man i'm jealous of your dogs. Well, mainly the Husky (am i right?). Is that a Jack Russell Terrier? My gf loves them.

11. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

I go up to Montreal every year now for the GP weekend. Its a great time.

Here are a few more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and some from this year's US Open:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Lotsa great pics!! brianja, I really like those car pics, especialy from the FOrmula D. That S2000 is just nuts! I like how you got the battle between the Silvia and Mustang

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

A friend from work at a pool party last year...

[​IMG]

14. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

haha nah... why? you know a guy named Neil that owns a supra? Im from around the block, maybe we know some of the people..what part of LB are u from..im from Cerritos, which is direct relation with LB (duh) haha. im also 22...so i dunno of the cohort is the same, but who knows!

speaking of QM - i mite have to go there tomorrow...park by the reef n try to get a shot from the parkin lot...

dontcha jus love this weather!

15. adriankeith

brianja: those are some really awesome shots. curious to know if you have any of those in a larger resolution. would love to make it my background. I used to play tennis and I gotta say you captured those moments perfectly. I would be very interested to see if you have larger resolutions of those photos. let me know!

Neil: I knew another Neil with a white supra. kinda went to waste cause it just sat in his garage. he kept it in good condition though. I live near LB Airport by skylinks. I'm 22 as well haha. Maybe we should start a detailing business here in LB/Cerritos/Lakewood area. Rake in all the $$ people are taking to those corner car wash places ;)

And yeah, the weather has actually been great the last couple of days. Before it was a real toss-up. I would wash my car and it would rain the next day. I guess its my fault for not checking the weather. Hahaha.

[​IMG]

I can't find the original photo but I took this with a 20D. It looked better =\ Myspace just destroyed the quality.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

wow seriously you guys have some mad skills here...wow..the tennis ones are incredable man you guys are great influence...I mean that seein your pictures makes me want to improve my own skills :applause: keep them coming please :D

17. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Went to Indy for the F1 race back in June. Definitely something you have to experience first hand! Unfortunately, no races in the States this year. Might have to go north of the border. Actually, maybe I will just wait and go to Brazil! :thumb:

18. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

You're right, its def. something to experience in person.

Brazil would be awesome!

The one I really want to get to one of these years is Monaco! Some day.

19. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Nice shot! I've played around with night photos a bit and am never happy with my results.

I high res of all of the photos. I can e-mail some to you if you want.

Here's a link to the entire US Open Gallery:

'07 US Open

Let me know what you want me to send.

-Brian

20. adriankeith

Thanks for the link! I think night photography is something you have to be using manual mode for. You just can't get as experimental if you're using Av or Pv modes. I say play around with it as much as possible. I like using long exposures but smaller apertures. My lens is sharper at smaller apertures (i'm sure rings true for probably all lenses).

Thanks again brian. Amazing photos.