DB Photography Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by P1et, Nov 15, 2007.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Staples has Elements 6.0 for sale right now for $69, which is a bargain. Photoshop CS3 is complicated and it's very pricey.

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Phil I would highly recommend getting this book, "Digital SLR Cameras & Photography for Dummies" by David D. Busch, even as cliche as it might sound. I bought my Nikon D50 and a Speedlight SB-50DX as well as a pair of Sigma lenses, a 28-80mm and a 70-300mm. I also have the 18-50mm lens that came with the Nikon. This book really spells out everything so the novice can understand it. I'm still learning and just started playing around with speeds. I took pics tonight at ISO 800 and had some great results, a tip I got from the book. Like I said it may sound cliche but it really helps out the novice.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice pictures FMINUS they look good...well they do to me lol...but I'm no expert lol :peace:

Oh wife looks great buddy and I mean that with nothing but respect.

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I was going to go and make a run, but they close at 7pm :thumbdown:

I dont think Im a "dummy" yet. I need SLR for retards.... :spank:

:headbang: before=118lb, now=143:rollingpin:

5. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

the class i took was $75 ..it was a monday night class once a week for i think 6 or 8 weeks...and there was about 18 people in my class

6. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Explain:

Exposure
    AND
    Composition

THANKS!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Hey Phil, how about a little "rule of thirds" for you???

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Exposure is the light. A picture can have too much light (over exposed), or not enough (under exposed). It can also have blown highlights which is basically parts in the picture which are over exposed.

Composition is simply how you compose your pictures. It has to be pleasing to the eye. Bokeh (blurred background), rule of thirds, etc., etc. There are many more rules depending on what you're shooting.

9. Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That baby shower was sooo fun! there were way too many peeps there!

2 more months! I cant wait!

10. Truls

Truls Two Bucket System Washer

my wife and i was a trip to Dublin in January, and my Canon EOS 400D went with us, took about 800 pics, and i hoped that some would look better than avrage.. Got a few here for you to view, and im open for sugestions and pointers to get to the "next" level...

Here they are, and ive writen my meaning under each pic..

Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    to dark?

[​IMG]
    comercial like, but i think its nice

[​IMG]
    Out of focus, but it ended up kinda cool, way better than the one that was in focus

[​IMG]
    just one i snaped quick, and didnt realy notice it before i downloaded the to the PC, but i like this ont too

[​IMG]
    my fav pic from the trip, but i think its kinda dark...

[​IMG]
    lots of details, may be too much...

[​IMG]
    i like this pic of the Guinness in B/W cos its so dark/black, it looks almost B/W in colour too.....eeeh

From Chrismas
    [​IMG]
    well "catch the moment" is a pretty essential part of photographing, and this one i personaly mean is a good one, it to is too dark, but it got some "antique/old" over it, and its my youngest doughter (6 yrs) in this pic wit a dress from when my wife was at her age....

Hope you liked them, comments are welcome...

11. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

awesome pics. Im seriously thinking about getting the xti

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Truls the pictures look great :applause: but I'm no pro at this picture thing, I'm still trying to get the hang of my new XTi Rebel...but the picture that I liked the most is the last one, the one with your little girl spinning.

I've been :wall: my head trying to campture motion pictures but so far I get nothing but blury pictures, if you don't mind me asking what did you do? What settings did you have your camera set at? Like I said I've been reading quite a bit but reading is one thing doing it is another lol.

13. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

14. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

taken with one of my first SOny pt n shoot camera's in M mode (spain)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NIKON D70S w/ 18-70 // 50mm 1.8 // 17-50 2.8​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heh...EVERYONES FAVORITE DETAILER..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

A few shots from my recent trip to Anguilla. I don't know why I feel like I was struggling this year.

Most are 20d w/ 24-105 f4L IS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Nice work! I particularly like this one.

17. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

these...i love it

that pic of the surfer was one of those lucky shots, i was on the pier doin a walk in NOVEMBER hehe..gotta love the cali weather.. but ya, it was with the kit lens 18-70 that i had that year n it came out quite nice... the 2.8's are amazing...esp when u strap them with the sb-800..unbelievable, can't wait til i upgrade to the d300..if not the d3 haha...id be happy with a d2x

great shots, i love how they just pop!

18. Nica

Nica Banned

wow you guys have some skills :druling: :druling:

Thank you for sharing :worship:

19. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

wow awesome shots guys

20. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

AWESOME shots guys! Love the pictures!