CWG vs. MS Ultra Gloss

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Jun 11, 2009.

1. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Haha, I will be back there the end of the month, only taking one class for the summer so I will be done around 11. Should have a little mini-meet there one day haha. I will be there at Carter Finley in sept!

Majestic Solutions

3. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Hey JL and agpatel, maybe we can all plan to meet at MS one Saturday - and Kurt too, it would be cool to meet ya'll amd maybe swap some products - what do ya'll think?

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Would be fine with me, I wont be back till the end of the month.

5. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I've heard a lot of people say UG needs to have more lubricity. Maybe there's some shampoo I haven't tried yet, but I haven't ever felt the need for more lubricity. Then again, I expect I'm a little heavy handed with my dilution ratios. Rather than be precise, I just fill the little fill thing on my Griot's bucket, and do it that way.

It does leave a film. It's designed that way. I guess it just comes down to preference. Do you want your "film" in your wash bucket, or in a separate spray bottle?

I know that the polymer glossing agent in Ultra Gloss is NOT silicone, for what that's worth. Says on the UG bottle, something like "if you get silicone in your UG bucket, it'll kill the suds."

Junebug, I have to tell you...I recently tried AW for the first time, and my jaw hit the floor. What a product that stuff is. I haven't seen any compatibility issues between it and Ultra Gloss though, they play fine with one another.

--Karl

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Awesome stuff, isn't it? I really like it on wheels too.

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

BTW Raleigh area peeps, I went to Majestic this morning at 9:00. If you want to go on a Saturday and don't want to fight a huge crowd, go early. The place wasn't empty, but there weren't eleventy people bumping into you either.

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I can't believe how good that stuff is. Wish I could find it by the gallon. :lol:

9. pektel

Your local carquest can order it in gallons :D

10. pektel

small bottle is duragloss part #951
    gallon jug is #952

Hell, I just went to the duragloss website. You can order it straight from there, and shipping on a gallon is only 5 bucks (well, to MN where I am) :eek:

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=272

11. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I have never used CWG, but I did use Ultra Gloss yesterday. I got a sample from Cooter. I absolutely love this stuff! I went and ordered a gallon of it and Super Green Stuff already. Very good soap, leaves the car shining!

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I used my trusty Ultra Gloss today. Again, I'm not precise with my measurements, I just dump some into my Griot's bucket until the little well in the grit guard is full. I find it to be very slippery.

My car washed with UG then dried with the help of AW = hurts my eyes to look at it. In a good way :headbang:

13. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Is AW much better than 425?

14. pektel

i use them for different things. aw i use while drying. i don.t normally use it when the surface is dry. when the vehicle is dry i.ll use the fk425. 425 leaves a lot slicker surface than aw.

15. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Hey - looks like it will be July 4th (don't know if they'll be open) before I get another free Sat, maybe this saturday - I don't know.

The MS spray n wipe - their ONR product that they no longer have (I got gallons of) best QD I've ever used!

Anybody try their clay and lube? I'd sure rather get some there than having to order it.

Thanks
    JB

16. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I'll let you in on a secret. "Spray and Wipe" was the same thing as their "Spray Shine" or whatever they call their quick detailer, just a different color. The guy who mixes it told me so. I bought a gallon of "Spray and Wipe" when they decided to stop selling it for a huge discount when he told me they were going to stop labeling it as such.

Their clay seems a little pricey, but the bar is huge, and it works very well. I can't speak to the lube - I use an ONR mix as clay lube. I've had their clay fall apart on me using certain QDs as lube (maybe the red bottle Meg's stuff? It's been a while), but ONR doesn't hurt it. Their clay is very tacky, and fairly soft. I like it a lot. It can kind of stick to your fingers in really hot weather.

There are loads of cool finds in that place. I just picked up an excellent carpet brush there last weekend, one that I've never seen before. The bristles are a little too stiff, so I'll need to be careful with it, but the design of it just "works."

17. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I bought the Spray n Wipe for under 4 bucks a gallon, got 7-8 gallons of it, gave some away for Christmas and B-days, but still have 5 left. I think you're reffering to "Showroom Shine" and maybe it is the same, it is very simular in color/smell, but maybe it's the "pacibo" effect, but I swear I think it's stronger.

The clay - did you get the purple?