CWG vs. MS Ultra Gloss

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Which is better for those who've tried both?

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Are you wanting to use the CWG as a stripper or a maintenance wash??

Maintenance wash- Ultra Gloss for me.

3. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

+1 I use ultra gloss for maintenance washes. Can't beat the smell either

4. Reflect

Maintenance, I use APC for stripping and then wash with CWC pre-detail.

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Got a gallon of the Ultra Gloss today. Smells like opening up a jar of marichino cherries

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Without a doubt no better soap for maint. washes than Majestic Solutions Ultragloss.

7. Reflect

Damnit! Anyone up for sending out a sample? Now I know why you sold me your CWG JL!

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Does MS ultra gloss leave behind a film or anything kind of how CWG leaves behind because of the gloss enhancers?

9. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I would have sent you a sample if I would have known you were looking for some. I can send you a sample but wont be able to get it out til saturday.

10. Reflect

That would be AWESOME! Don't worry about shipping time, do the most convenient to you I'm in no rush. Your stuff went out today around 4PM BTW. USPS, should be there soon.

11. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I will be using my Ultra Gloss this weekend, I'll let you know how I like it., So far, it smells great!

12. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I tried Ultra Gloss and frankly - it's ok, nothing that great IMHO. I rather use DG 902.

13. JLs Detailing

To each his own but you are the first person I have come across that has used it that didn't love it.

14. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Just seem to leave a film on the paint, maybe that's the gloss, but I'd rather have a little clearer surface and do a little AW if needed. Also, the directions on the bottle calls for a lot per gallon of water - I thought anyway. Don't get me wrong, I really like MS, and try to buy as much stuff there as I can. Have you tried the new MF towels? or their clay?

I do wish they would update their pad selection to the Megs 2.0 ones and get a few more Megs Detailing Line products.

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I personally feel that MS Ultra gloss need more lubricity. I fix it by mixing 2 oz of MS ultra gloss and 1 oz of Megs Shampoo plus in a bucket, then fill it up with 3 gallons of water. This way you get the Ultra gloss that I absolutely adore from MS Ultra gloss shampoo, and extra lubricity from Shampoo Plus. I call it "supercharged super slick and super gloss formula".

16. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Cool idea supercharged!! I've got some Shampoo Plus. I'll give it a try.

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you will love it!!!

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

When I get back to Raleigh for classes I am going to go there one weekend to look around and pick up some Ultra Gloss, APC and who knows what else :).

19. JLs Detailing

Just remember they close at like 12 or 1 on Saturday so don't wait too long in the day to go out there. And on Saturdays in September you better have your ass sitting in Carter Finley!!!!!!! I know I'll be there on some Saturdays this year!

20. cnut

cnut Guest

What does the MS stand for?:shead: