CRSpotless worth the $$$ ?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Emile, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I experienced the same issue with my CRSpotless. While it was great when I had it, I have actually learned to do without it now. I really didn't like the fact that I didn't get very many washes out of it with the hard water here in Northern Cali. :thud:

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Thanks, Mindflux. Will this still provide 100% spotless water?

3. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

It's an Anion/Cation resin bed just like what CR Spotless provides. So, it should work the same way. Other members on other boards are using this without problem.

4. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Big bump. I really want one of these systems. But I think it will only last about 5 washes here in Minnesota.

Fail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Six or seven washes???, something is wrong or you are using the CR through the entire wash.

Cliff notes version to use without 17 paragraphs of redundant info(In my humble opinion of course).

1. Wash in the shade(Without the CR hooked up)
    2. Do the wheels
    3. Wash as normal
    4. Final rinse with the CR fully in use
    5. Dry the car with leafblower/Drying microfiber towel(s)

DONE

6. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

My customer has one of these units in his man cave for his massive motorhome. I've used it twice to RINSE cars out there and it was great. The pressure is subpar (on his unit) so I wouldn't be able to use it for a regular wash anyway.

Will probably be an investment for 2012.

-Kody-

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Hey Chaseme, I will pass on the advice given to me that was extremely helpful in my decision: buy the TDS meter, measure your hose water's total disolved solids and use the formula togwt provided on page 1 of this thread to figure out how many gallons of water you can expect to yield from the unit to see if it's worth it for you.

I can tell you that I still love mine, but I only use it during the winter to rinse the car down before I do an ONR wash inside. I only go through 1 or 2 filters per year this way, and it has been serving me well.

8. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Thanks Bob, that's the process I figured would work best with the DI.

Thanks for your opinions; I figured the pressure would be reduced with this.

Thanks Emile,

I've been curious what my water measures in at. I assume it's high; it seems to be particularly high in calcium deposits. If I can't find one at Home Depot I think I'll purchase from Griot's Garage.