CR Spotless... is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Jan 31, 2008.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

By ppm I mean being read via a TDS meter. How is Dust measuring the ppm of his water?

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Not sure because ppm would be referring to one paticular thing like say magnesium for example. TDS is a reading of all solids being dissolved. I don't think you could say that you have 3 ppm of all the solids, because some may be more removed than others if that makes sense.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

4. JLs Detailing

OK what's it reading ppm of? Is it magnesium, iron, calcium, silica or is it lumping them all together? Because there may be more iron than magnesium in the water and definately more calcium and silica. Not sure how it gives a blanket ppm for so many things.

5. D&D Auto Detailing

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Good info here boys, keep it coming :thumb:

7. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Here is the chart I was referring to.

CRSpotless.com - Wash, Rinse, and Walk Away

8. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

my spotless lasted about 12 washes so far. its reading 13ppm

9. Esienmann_M6

Esienmann_M6 Two Bucket System Washer

Hello everyone, first poster on a great topic :mounty:
    Great topic guys and I am admiring all of you for doing your home work with this
    thing although none had too!

Scheerspeed,
    Strange do you have the small system? Diw10 I believe?

I have Dic-20 coming on its way, I am just wondering do you use it also for
    the foam gun and wheels? meaning regular washing?

That is what I intend to do with the system unless someone says that washing
    with the CR spotless is not a good idea other than economical reasons,
    any reasons to worry about using it for regular washing?

Thanks gents and again great thread :thumb:

10. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

I realize this is an old thread; however, I figure it couldn't hurt to chime in. I used to own and maintain saltwater reef tanks and had to use RO/Deionized water when accomplishing water changes. For a mobile setup where the CR spotless system is not ideal, you could use an aquarium RO/DI unit to fill your tanks and plumb a pump inline.

11. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i just think for the long ter, i would have a system built into my home.. but i am moving in the city and can't see living there for more than 10 years before i move out to the burbs again.. at that point i will just have a system installed. but now i am looking to move in the city and the cr spotless would be a good system for me but in five-10 years and all the resin packs i bet it might not be that much more expensive to have a system built into my garage water supply. i am gonna have to look into that right now i am just trying to find a place and at this rate it won't be for a month or 2.

12. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

Filter Cartridge Menu

I bought the water softener from here and want to change it out with a "30-TDS green filter" and use it in conjunction with a CR Spotless once I buy one. Is there one on that webpage? and how long would you estimate the green filter to last? On a scale of one to five my water level is a 4 in terms of water hardness.

Thanks.

13. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I'm still contemplating if I should really go with a CRSpotless. Scott did link an interesting solution which would be pretty nice for some mobile detailers like myself.

I guess I'll have to do my research to find out which is the best solution for me.

15. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

il let yall know how this thing works when i talk to him

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Denzil and Scott I looked at those units my self and well the units just didn't have the out put I was after..what I mean is that if your thinking of using that particular unit with a pressure washer it may not perform well for you. Just something to keep in mind.

I too looked at the filter system for the entire house and to be honest the cost was very high and considering I haven't built my dream home I'm holding back for now, when i build my dream home I may install the Revers Osmosis system but till then I'm sticking to the CR unit.

Just me though :shrug:

18. JLs Detailing

You really need to have your water checked for the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) to get a real feel for how many washes you will get out of a Deionized system. My water right from the tap reads about 102. I got somewhere between 60 -65 washes out of my DIC-20 before I needed to change the resins. And then the TDS meter on the CR unit was reading about 18-20. And when I say 60-65 washes I did everything from wheels to engine to pre-rinse to foam to rinse to final rinse after claying with the CR. With as good as my water is right out of the tap the CR has proved to be very economical.

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I definitely hope for results like yours JL. It proves that the CR can actually be very economical. Can you fill me in on how I can check my tap water for TDS? Do I need to purchase a TDS meter? :shead:

20. JLs Detailing

Yes you would need a TDS meter. We have a very nice one at work as pure water is very vital to our process. I was absolutely thrilled with my results with the CR. According to their calculations with my water I should have gotten about 75 washes so I was stoked that I even got close to that number.