cquartz

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Misha, yeah I remember his post about that.
    Well I will wait and see how it looks tomorrow, supposed to have some rain. Thanks guys

2. mobilejay

I wanted to ask about application. I read that it is supposed to be straight lines. On the lip of the back bumper I didn't do that, if you can picture a "w" I did that pattern from driver side to passenger side. I also did that on driver side windshield and remembered I was supposed to do straight lines. On the passenger side windshield I did straight lines. Would this have an effect on the curing? When I apply wax I put a drop on an app and then dot it around the section I will be doing. After that I usually do a "w" style application so I'm so used to doing that I didn't even think about it. It's just that way you don't have too much on one side and not the other, it is spread out evenly.

3. richy

richy Guest

The key is even coverage. Avi suggests a criss cross pattern. As long as you have complete and even coverage, you're good to go.

4. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I used the included pad or whatever material was in there. It was cotton something. My sister came home the next day with a full stock too so I grabbed 30 for my next use of the 2nd 30ml bottle :giggle:

Anyway, God was smiling down upon me by not raining during the process and curing portion of the detail. He decided to bring a big smile to my face after it had cured for 24 hours and I was ecstatic at how good it looked. Light drizzles made the water bead and roll off :applause2:

5. richy

richy Guest

Glad to hear you're happy with it. Did you pick up some ReLoad too? If so, hit it with that in a day or so. I love the wet shine this system has.

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

covered whole car today (evoX), still have 1/3 bottle left, going to polish windows tomorrow and coat them, maybe even do second coat on hood or something.
    i guess 30ml is enough to do whole car

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Unfortunately no since I'm not a fan of the "rejuvenating" sprays and stuff. I'm the type who sees how long it'll last normally. Although it'll be hard not to do my monthly waxing now on my DD :thud:

8. mobilejay

Quick question. Ok my car is white and I have applied cq to the hood. I was having a problem seeing it haze. My question is, if I can't see it haze and it stays too long before buffing off will I have a problem? Will it be hazy, will it not work properly etc? On darker colors it shouldn't be a problem but white is really hard to see this stuff haze before buffing.

9. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

When I had a white car to do, I'd look at various shadows against the paint to see hazing

10. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

No problem, just start to wipe off after 30 ~45 min. it will be ok,

11. mobilejay

eyezack, I have tried and its not easy to find. With other products I can always see it but with cq I can't find it on the paint. Maybe I need to put it on a little thicker, not sure but I was wondering if it could be on there for a long time after it hazed and not have any problems. I know with bfwd I can leave it on the car all night long and come back in the morning to remove it with out any issues. Thanks d964

12. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Mobilejay;
    I been doing silver and white cars and at the begining have the same problem if u dont see the haze maybe u are not applying enuff products since after 20 min u can see tha haze against the the light and if see it haze to soon also can be not enuff product.
    u need to leave it betwwen 20 t0 30 min (depending on the temp) if u leaved for a long time it can get really hard to remove it and u will need to polish the area again to remove the haze here in Brazil its summer time and we are ok waiting just 15 min to start seeing the haze against the light.
    hope this help

13. mobilejay

Thanks Billy, yeah I was wondering if I would have problems keeping it on to long. Thanks for the help

14. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Odd, I had no problem on a test panel on my white car. Maybe play with angles a bit. It should work

15. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Anybody heard when Mike@Autoaesthetica will have more Cquartz in stock?
    He must be busy these days as I have not heard anything new from him in a few weeks and he was supposedly setting up a pre-order.

16. mobilejay

Is there a site (other than Mikes since its not showing anything) that we can see all the Cquartz products. Like the IronX shampoo and Iron Cut products, what sizes and prices? Thanks

17. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

^^i think eshine has most. i know they got ironx, cquarts and the odor eliminator thing

18. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

eshine has the Aquartz wich is totally another products and brand (application process etc...)
    U can buy direct from Avi

19. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

Eshine has order on his way (until next week) for Cquartz IronX and IXSG. !!
    hope soon there will be another distributor for the US.

20. mobilejay

Okay cool, thanks.