cquartz

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I am pretty sure you can even remove it using M205 or 85RD. Then re apply it to that area, I say tape it up like a test spot and then do your IPA then reapply Cquartz. I doubt you need to go and use M105. But who knows I am just throwing this out there I could be completely wrong.

2. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

Dear Misha , Cquartz is NOT , and i repeat NOT WAX !!!!!!!!!! you cant re-apply and went over again like wax!!!!! , first layer must be cured on surface, wait 30 min.. start wipe off then only...
    if you want another layer , you must wait for full curing the first one!!, like 3 hours drying..

Guys.. please understand... this is completely different tech from what you know with waxing!!!
    once the coat is applied it start to react on surface, this is NOT organic oil !!!
    the shadows haze you got is because you applied second layer too fast on non-cured surface.
    the crystals and oil had mixed together..

you can remove it by polish compound 85RD or 83Q with wool pad or cutting pad(orange).
    :thumb:

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Once you have applied C.Quartz to an area allow to haze and then wipe off, if you missed a spot don’t apply more product until the original application has hazed and been wiped off or you risk sealing in ‘haze’

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I asked some of my ex colleges (lab rats) to check this and their findings substantiate these claims

[Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) primarily encapsulates the oils, but once the alcohol evaporates the oils may resettle on the surface]

5. d964

Exactly!! John,
    thank you for confirming this
    please write it to the guys in DW as well..
    :thumb:

6. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Give the car a wash with a apc (high ph) it will take care of the residues

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Removing surface oils - Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) primarily encapsulates the oils, but once the alcohol evaporates the oils may resettle on the surface. Use a 10:1 ratio of P21S Total Auto Wash (pH controlled detergent, which means a pH 10<) and 1:1 Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) / distilled water or a lesser dilution as required

Porta - I went with TAW / IPA to help clean any silicone

8. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

thanks for the update on the IPA wipe down. this post was the first I had seen this come to light. as always great to have the correct info. with the weather being near 60 the next few days I plan on trying out the CQuartz.

9. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

went over the area that i applied cquartz yesterday with 106 and SIP mix on white pad and that maring went away, did 3 IPA wipedowns with 45% mix and reapplied cquartz, this time looks like it went on just fine. ill post pics tonight.

i wonder if doing very light pass with 85rd and black or blue pad after cquartz cured is ok or will it take coating off?

10. richy

richy Guest

Misha, glad to hear it worked out well. When you do surface prep for CQ, have a bottle of 90/10 IPA to Dawn or another strong Alkaline cleaner like has been suggested. You will only need to do it once and will clean better than the 100% IPA. Just curious, why are you planning to go over it with 85rd? Mechanical abrasion is the only way to remove it. I've seen your polishing jobs, you certainly shouldn't need to do it afterwards, your surface prep prior to CQ should be all that's needed for an incredible finish. You've got me curious why you would want to do that?

11. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Well I received mine today, I thank everyone for the postings on this thread. Glad to see that people aren't just putting how great it is. Post such as Misha's help EVERYONE. I will probably play with it next week, there is a Ferrari festival this Sunday and everyone wants theres done last minute, so no time to play.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

My CQuartz came in today...

13. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i can still see lines or micromicro maring on the roof, so i want to see if its possible to level it a little
    i might do test. ill polish one half of roof and leave other one as is and see how it holds up

14. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

I got my order too! I am going make thread to show. I love the smell of SoPure

I have not use on paint yet, but I used on trims and WOW they turn to factory finish with coating on them. Iam still excite to use on some correted paint.

15. d964

glad it worked out for you, easy easy, for first time playing with such products its very good, for your micro merrings you can coat another layer after its fully cured.

glad you like it, Cquartz do revive rubber and plastic trim as well. satin silky finish.

16. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I got mine in yesterday. I actually got it right before school. Being my bright self, I picked it up and put it in my car. Apparently the smell of IronX is so strong that the seal and box doesn't help much. So when I got back to my car after class at 5pm, there was a distinct odor...

To make matters more amusing, I put it on my desk last night after coming home at 2am and now the room smells LOL

17. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

^^ agree on that, i think it smells like rotten eggs or something, i put mine in ziplock bad

18. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

Can you look this over and see if I'm missing any steps?
    Wash
    Clay
    Iron-X
    Wash again
    Polish to perfection
    IPA Wipedown
    Apply Cquartz
    Wait 30 Minutes
    Remove Haze

19. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

as others have recomended to use dawn or P21S TAW to wash the car after polishing to remove oils since IPA doesnt do too great of job aperently.

what about using P21S Paintwork cleanser? im just afraid that it applies glossing agents or something

20. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

Ok so who has cquartz that I could buy enough to do a full size Yukon xl? I have a new customer who wants it for his truck I am polishing a week from Monday. I need it by end of next week.