Consultants

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

    Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

    A timeless lesson on how consultants can make a difference for an organization.

    Last week, we took some friends out to a new restaurant, and noticed
    that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt
    pocket. It seemed a little strange.


    When the busboy brought our water and utensils, I noticed he also had
    a spoon in his shirt pocket. Then I looked around saw that all the
    staff had spoons in their pockets.


    When the waiter came back to serve our soup I asked, "Why the
    spoon?" He explained, "The restaurant's owners hired Andersen
    Consulting to revamp all our processes. After several months of
    analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently
    dropped utensil. It represents a drop frequency of approximately 3
    spoons per table per hour. If our personnel is better prepared, we
    can reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save 15 man-
    hours per shift."


    As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and he was able to replace
    It with his spare. "I'll get another spoon next time I go to the
    kitchen instead of making an extra trip to get it right now."

    I was impressed. I also noticed that there was a string hanging out
    of the waiter's fly. Looking round, I noticed that all the waiters
    had The same string hanging from their flies. So before he walked
    off, I asked the waiter, "Excuse me, but can you tell me why you have
    that string right there?"


    "Oh, certainly!" Then he lowered his voice. "Not everyone is so
    observant. That consulting firm I mentioned also found out that we
    can save time In the rest-room. By tying this string to the tip of you
    know what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the
    need to wash our hands, shortening the time spent in the rest-room by
    76.39 percent."


    I asked "After you get it out, how do you put it back?"


    "Well," he whispered, "I don't know about the others, but I use the
    spoon."
     
  2. richy

    richy Guest

    :applause2::applause2::applause2:

    1001 uses for a spoon. 1002 if you stir with it!!
     
  3. Denzil

    Denzil Guest

    Another way to use the spoon I guess, haha.
     
  4. TexasTB

    TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

    :gross:
     
  5. Duratys

    Duratys Welcome to Detailing

    This one actually made me laugh.
     
  6. Buddy

    Buddy Getting to know Detailing

    That was a very funny story. hahaha...Good one...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
     
  7. RamSus

    RamSus Jedi Nuba

    LOL, that cracked me up.
     
  8. JLs Detailing

    JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

    That was funny!!!!
     
  9. supercharged

    supercharged DB Forum Supporter

    :gross:
    wonder which restaurant it was in...:yikes:
     
  10. DG 501

    DG 501 Jedi Nuba

    :gross: and :lol2:
     
  11. pirex

    pirex DB Certified Dealer

    Hahaha, Good One!
     
  12. Chris@Optimum

    Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

  13. slanguage

    slanguage OD On Detailing

  14. DJ_JonnyV

    DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

    That's hilarious!!! I used to work at Ernst & Young Consulting (which becam Cap Gemini), and always loved these types of jokes.
     

Share This Page