Collinite Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by mohebmhanna, Jan 3, 2011.

1. mohebmhanna

mohebmhanna Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi

Any one could please provide information about:
    1- Collinite Wax#845, is this a sealent and nuba wax or its just a sealent?
    2- Collinite Super Wax #476, its just the same as 845 in paste format?
    3- Collinite Wax #915. is this pure nuba wax?

I would appreciate if any one can provide his knoweldge.

Thanks
    Moheb

2. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

FAQs about Collinite Wax Products  :: Choice of the Pros :: Auto, Marine and Industrial

This will answer a few of your questions
    1. Collinite 845 Insulator Wax 16 oz It's a nuba.
    2. 476s lasts longer due to the fact that it has a higher concentration of natural and synthetic waxes, where as 845 is a nuba.
    3.The 915 has more carnauba wax in the formula, and its finishing result is a warmer shine, and it is slightly easier to work with. The 476s is the most durable product offered by Collinite, which is why it requires a little more rubbing and elbow grease. Both have similar ingredients with 915 containing more nuba than 476.

Between those two sites you can learn just about all there is to know about Collinite products. Although neither of them tells you to shake the hell out of 845 but it is necessary.

3. epic32

epic32 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

hope you dont mind but i also have a question to ask about 845.

how do you guys use 845? do you heat it up in hot water until it turns into a liquid or do you use as a paste form?

4. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

I shake the crap out of mine until it turns into liquid. Usually it'll stay liquid as long as you store it in somewhat room temp.

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Same here. Just shake the crap out of it and it will turn watery.

6. mohebmhanna

Thanks to all.

7. t-dawg

t-dawg Two Bucket System Washer

Prepare to work hard if the bottle is currently in paste form! Takes a while to get it into liquid mode.

8. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Or just 20 seconds in the microwave. then;
    shake, shake, shake...
    shake, shake, shake...
    Shake your colli. Shake your Colli...
    Ooops. Sorry. late 70's flashback..

Joe D.

9. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

always always keep a hold of the cap onto the bottle cuz it can fly off while you're shaking it.

10. piginapoke

I lost half of my first bottle because of the stupid cap, now I transfer it to another container.

11. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

I thought i was the only one, lol.

12. mohebmhanna

I forget to ask what is the best way to apply colli#476 or 915? Is to damp the pad with water or QD, or can I applied directly without damping the pad?

13. piginapoke

I started applying 915 bare handed and like it better than with the PC. It's always best to dampen the pad slightly before the first use no matter what the product, but what do I know.

14. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Never tried 476, but for 915 I apply it straight with a foam applicator. Like any colli wax it really needs to go on thin. If you can see it then it's probably on too heavy!

15. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

I have all 3 products and I've been using a foam pad every time.
    I dampen the pad a bit to reduce the amount of product that gets absorbed. (especially for 845). I've used water and qd but never noticed much of a difference but will try to in the future.

The pad I use is the little zymol blue pads (from eshine) since they fit the opening of the 915 and 476 tins nicely.

Hope that helps.

16. mohebmhanna

Thanks to all.

17. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

What's an adequate time between multiple coats?

18. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

I contacted collinite about this regarding 845. response was:

"I would wait approximately 30 minutes in between applications. If you wait until a day or 2 just make sure the surface is clean before you apply the wax."

19. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

To all the people that say 476 is hard to remove once it hazes.... that is TRUE, but it is very easy to remove if you don't wait too long. Apply the 476....wait no more than 15 minutes and buff it off.... it comes off simple as cake! The 845 is REALLY easy to work with regardless of how long you let it haze though.

20. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I never dampened the pad....worked just fine. I have lots of pads. Each pad is labeled specifically for different types of sealants or waxes. If your pad is brand new, I would definitely dampen it first or apply some product to it so that it is primed. Once it's primed you're good to go!