Collinite 845 questions

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by musc, Mar 28, 2010.

1. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Finally picked some of this up after reading about it forever. Just a few questions.

1. Is it supposed to be really thin, almost liquid like? It was very thick when I first got it and I pushed in the top 'paste plug' and shook it for a good 4-5 minutes and it became a nice consistency. I used a foam applicator to apply and it seemed to get extremely saturated and 'foamed' up. I read an old post where someone else had this happen. Just wanted to make sure it was the norm. I did my lawnmower to try it out and it seemed to go on very easy. I let it set up about 10 minutes or so.

2. How long do most of y'all allow it to sit before wiping off?

3. Is it OK to use ez-creme glaze underneath it? Wasn't sure if it would cause any bonding issues. My car doesnt really need any correcting, but I have a good bit of ez-creme sitting around so I thought I would throw some on the car.

Thanks!

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Yes, its supposed to turn thin once you shake it up. While I've never used EZ creme, I could see the 845 actually removing some of the glaze as 845 is solvent based. If I remember correctly, 845 has minor filling capabilities as well.

3. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

Ez creme under 845 is kinda a waste. I tried it and 845 didn't improve the look too much. I'm not trying to say they look the same, but when put together, you won't see much difference.

Although people say Ez creme has cleaning abilities and it fill swirls, I'd still use it on top of my LSP after maybe a week or two when I want to add a different wax on top or something. I can't feel my ez creme cleaning anything or filling anything.

4. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

You will have no issues with 845 bonding over EZ creme glaze because the EZ creme is acrylic based. That will make for a very good looking pair of products; I love EZ creme and I love 845 and can say you will not be dissappointed when they are used in tandem.

And 845 becomes very runny if you shake it enough, always remember to use as little as possible to get even coverage.

5. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

The foaming must be normal because I get the same thing from it too. And yes it does get very this, so thin that i fitted a squirt type cap on the top.

As for the length to leave it on, I only use it on wheels, but I will leave it for about 5-10 mins.

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I put a squirt type cap on my bottle as well. I have had these issues as well, but now I just dont care. 845 is an awesome wax.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

All my clients daily drivers get 845. It looks great on pretty much everything. Just do the swipe test. Run your finger through it and if there is no streaking, its ready to come off.

8. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

I like using Lusso Oro on top of 845.