Cleaning a Tan converable top.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detaildude3629, Jul 22, 2010.

1. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

A good friend of mine wanted her 2006 Toyota Solara exterior detailed. I arrived there was sitting waiting out for me..wow..black in color very nice. Over all not in bad shape, not paint correction wanted, just orange peel like crazy, I cleaned rims with Meg wheel brightner, rims came out nice, tires with apc, foamed up car with new foamer, purchased it at a Refridger parts place, they use the foamer for cleaning coil, settings are way out there, super foam I can say, so used my wash media to wash no soap bucket either just rinse water, so much lubcation, came out so clean, then used new super fine clay from DI, no marring either with the clay from what I can tell with sunlight, she wanted me to use the Menzerna Power lock sealant as we had talked about 2 days prior, I went ahead with one coat followed by the 2nd coat, did it this way several times before as it makes even coverage. Now the total time was about 30 mins, used a soft plush micro towel to remove product, very easy to remove as this was done in shade, temps here are over 100 degress these days, also applied to all glass to. so nothing special on this detail except on the convertable top that I cleaned. She had used Ragg Top before and said it work really good, I use 303 cleaner and protectant which works for me. I have to say Ragg Top really impressed me, very easy to clean with cleaner, top was tan in color, real bright after, spray protectant worked well too, really like this stuff will have to order me some soon, so have any of you guys used this product before? Would like to know what the thoughts on this? The paint was incredible in shine and smoothness 2 coat seem to make a difference to me, will continue to apply it this way until i see any changes..:applause2: