Claying w/o scuffing paint

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by RNickolas, Oct 31, 2010.

1. muffin422

muffin422 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

He's kind of creepy. :paranoia:

2. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Ok, i made it to the 5 minute time. This should be x-rated. Really a shame to see this happen and then promote it as it's the proper way to approach a vehicles finish. I always look to see what guys are wearing when detailing. Buttons on the front of his shirt and a nice big wrist watch shouldn't be considered as proper attire.

3. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i detail in my pajamas/sleep wear :D

4. Cosmin

Cosmin Birth of a Detailer

he has some nice rotary skills ....people like this keep us busy.
    i just saw a car wash in my area where all the cars get`s a broom on front bumper/ + 1/3 of the hood with some "body solvent" before it enter the tunnel wash

5. JonM

JonM Guest

6. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

mabey i need to offer rubber polishing as a new service. lol

7. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I don't think you guys understand why he's rubbing that clay so hard against the hood ... along with claying, he's also doing PDR work. This guy is two steps ahead of us ... LOL

8. OG SHOWTIME

OG SHOWTIME Virgin Detailer

i wasnt aware that buffalo bill from silence of the lambs was a detailer. Not that ive ever tried waxing before claying but it seems kind of counterproductive. Anyone worth their salt would think that adding any surface coating would make the entire overspray removal process more difficult but JMO. I was under the impression that claying was intended to remove surface contaminants before sealing paint, so as to not scratch the paint when applying the wax and obviously not to seal anything under the wax. Seems like common sense...

9. OG SHOWTIME

OG SHOWTIME Virgin Detailer

hahahah As evidenced by the following: EPIC FAIL AT 00:32

YouTube - Paint Overspray Removal - Tribute video to the real Overspray USA (Doug & Jan Taylor)

10. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

Poor car and henry dewaltz polisher

[​IMG]

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Somebody HAS to get a pic of this guys cars in the sun! OMG. Check out the polish splatter at 6:00.

12. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

The second video at the 7:45 mark is hilarious he states "rest assured you will not see this anywhere on the internet". No shit no one is as much of a dumbass as he is. I could only imagine how much polish residue is crammed under that molding and in the glass.

13. EvoFire

EvoFire Birth of a Detailer

Holy crap, its not wonder a lot of people think nothing of detailing, its cause idiots like these who make the car look worse than it did before.

And :doh: at the polished trim.... holy %^&*........ Absolutely painful to watch. And to think he has so many customers.

I would wonder what he would say to me if I ever get a chance to talk to him... "whadda ya young un's know about detailing, ur probably still lil swimming sperm when I started!" :doh:

14. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

did anyone see how dull the window trim was when he finished, he said perfect about 10 times, I would be pissed if my shiny trim cam back dull

15. Cosmin

Cosmin Birth of a Detailer

"claying tru the wax , u know how i roll"
    hahhaahha , this tread should be sticky :)))
    it made my day

:mounty:

16. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I don't even understand this video.

Is this guy saying he applies a coat of wax, allows it to haze, and then he clays the car? Wouldn't the sticky residue just cause massive amounts of friction? Wouldn't claying this way simply remove all the wax he just spent time applying?

17. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

That part really made me laugh

Yes it would create friction maybe even cause marring, not only that he removes the protection he just applied and he is contaminating the clay all in one step :yikes::duh:

18. gerbig

gerbig Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow those videos are hilarious

19. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

cue the banjo music..................

my wife just peeked over my shoulder, she even knows its wrong.

20. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Sounds like somebody needs to explain what that "sound" is when claybaring before waxing.... I didn't see him do one thing correctly. The razor blade is what hurt the worst :/