1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I use ONR at clay lube dillution ratio, and add a few drops of Megs #00 High Tech Wash.

2. I'm not knocking anyone and I am a firm beleiver in doing what works for you, But.... its always seemed to me that QD makes the surface to slick to remove all contaminents

Regards,

3 Cents :tiptoe:

3. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Yeah, I found this to be quite true. Using Meguiars Quik Detailer took longer than a light soap mixture. The fact the QD was much slicker could have attributed to this effect. I find it creates a suspension of the clay on the paintwork, sometimes too much for it to be fully effective, but using something not slick at all can make the clay hard to maneuver around (depending on the type of clay).

Just adding another 2 cents, so thats 5 in total now! ;)

4. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

Onr for me so cost effective to..

5. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Never used Adam's it as a clay lube but sure smells nice. I am sure it is fine and a choice if you use the detail spray in your normal routine (have it around).

6. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

I use CG synthetic detailer, cut 1:1 with distilled water, works great and a gallon goes a long way.

7. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Just got it too, and just don't forget, you can cut it 3:1!! Although, I'd only use it at that dilution for clay, and 1:2 for QD.

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Dilutions as per label
    1. Car wash solution - 1oz / 2 gallons
    2. Detailer’s clay lubrication - 2oz / gallon
    3. Quick detailer (QD) - 8oz / gallon
    4. Wet-sanding lubrication – 8oz / gallon

Note:

1. The use of ONR in a distilled water solution is an efficient method of cleaning as the polymers that are used to encapsulate soiling are not binding to any minerals found in ‘hard’ water, thereby increasing its effectiveness.
    2. A solution with the dilutions (ratios) suggested utilizing a 16oz spray bottle (128 oz = 1 Gallon) makes its application easier