Cilajet

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detail addiction, Jun 4, 2010.

1. detail addiction

detail addiction DB Pro Supporter

Has anyone ever used "Cilajet" on this forum? I am being asked to do some research on this product to see if my client wants to sale it. It is like Perma Plate. I am not a fan of these products so I thought I would get some feed back from people that have used it. They say it lasts 10 years and you will never have to wax again. It will prevent etching from bird droppings, eggs, sap and many other contaminates, of course not scratches. Quite the sale pitch. Anyway let me know....

2. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

HMMM This stuff seems to be making the rounds on various detailing forums. Most are obvious SPAM but............? If I recall correctly an individual can't even buy it. Confusing, eh?

3. I've never heard of this product you speak of. Therefore, it must be junk :crash:

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

There is no product presently available that has a ten year durability.

No wax or polymer sealant can provide a permanent shield against acidic bird excrement, even the latest nanotechnology coating, CeramiClear only offers resistance to scratches, mars and acid etch, a product like Collinite 845 Insulator Wax is probably the most durable non-organic wax product, and but this may only provide enough of a barrier to enable it to be removed quickly before causing too much damage to the paint film surface.

See recent post http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/detailing-school/18484-bird-excrement-vehicle-paint.htm

5. detail addiction

A high end car dealership is a client so I won't be buying it...They want me to apply it. I am not sure why so many assume things are spam..

6. detail addiction

It is an acrylic/ epoxy and it cures to the paint. I usually don't like these kinds of products but I thought I would check..Thanks

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I think the American word / expression " Bulls**t" is a better choice of word for tease [intentional spelling] types of products. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

8. detail addiction

I agree. I told them I thought it was C**P.

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I recently was able to have dinner with a gentleman that is now one of our strategic partners for the company I work for, but he used to be a sales director for a company that made products for vehicles, one of them being appearance products such as waxes, sealants etc. He's a bit car guy himself, so I found this quite interesting.

Do products exist that would be able to protect a vehicle's finish for years and years? Yes, they have been created. Apparantly a type of a sealant, that is then "locked in" with a second product. But guess what, these types of products will NEVER make it to the market. Why? Well, why on earth would you want to sell anyone a product that lasts years and years? That means you'll only be able to make a sale once, and they won't come back for more.

Funny story: he told me that one day a chemist came up to him and said that he had created a beta version of the best bug wash for the windows. It would apparantly de-ice the windows as well, but with a single "spray" of this product, all the bugs would be removed from the windshield with your windshield wipers. Well, it most certainly worked. But apparantly the paint on his roof started fading. Turned out the conconction was strong enough to start stripping paint!

10. rob

rob Guest

I use cilajet every day if it's prepped rite and apply it right it does what they say maybe not for 10 years they if u do get it applied to come back in 5 and they reapply for free yea people can't buy it because. U have to be trained how there's a lot to it