Cigar smokers?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by pektel, Jul 22, 2010.

1. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

The first guy who replied to this thread. And as of today, this is my FAVORITE smoke so far. GREAT suggestion!

2. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

The hemingway is an awesome smoke! I typically by myself a box of them every summer. If your ever in Vegas Fuente has a cigar shop some where. I haven't been yet, but it's on my to do list.

My girlfriends brother has a serious cigar addiction. He has a humidor that is 8 X 8 X 3 and he has it stuffed with probably $20k worth of cigars. Mostly cubans...So typically whenever I want to get myself a real nice stick I just stroll over to his place and help myself!

3. pektel

Nice! My first box of cubans arrived today. Will be ordering more as disposable income allows.

my 100 ct humi just showed up today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With a pot of RBOE on the top, to give you an idea of the size:

[​IMG]

It will be about half filled come monday.

4. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

pardon my ignorance, but I thought you couldn't get any cuban cigars in the USA?

5. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

You can't.

6. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

but you can buy them directly from cuba?

7. Mindflux

no

You can buy them directly from LCdH distributors though in other countries. Though as a US citizen I cannot condone or recommend this type of behavior as it's illegal to procure just about anything produced in Cuba in the United States.

:gasp:

8. pektel

Yeah, I really dont' have any cubans... :whistle:

9. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

alright, was curious as to how it was working.

Pektel, I believe you :)

10. Winny

Winny Virgin Detailer

There is a company in southern Ontario that is priced like the Swiss and that ship(guaranteed) to the US! Or so I've heard..........lol

11. JPerrydore

Yes cubans are illegal in the US and you "can't" get them....

12. Mindflux

Please remove that URL.

Phil doesn't condone illegal activity (which that site would lead to).

13. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

I'd be pretty leary of ordering cigars off of the web, but then again my family does live in el paso, and cubans are a bridge length away

14. pektel

i agree with mindflux. Remove the url. I have never heard of it before, but the point remains. Rnickolas, always be sure to do your research. Buyer beware, especially with a product that is heavily counterfeited. even cuba itself is crawling with fake cuban cigars. If you are in an area where cuban cigars are legal, make sure to buy from an official LCdH.

15. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I used to live in San Diego for many years and would often go across the border to play golf or hang out with the guys and one thing I can say with certainty is that I would never buy a Cuban cigar from a border city smoke shop. I can't even begin to count the times that I've seen counterfeit Cuban cigars being sold in shops, even the supposed high end shops.

Several things to look for are:
    1) look at the way the cigar is rolled. If it's not even, has an excessive amount of veins in the wrapper or is not tapered evenly, it's probably fake.
    2) Look at band. The band will tell you a lot about the cigar as well.
    3) Ask the shop where they get their supplies from. Ask them for the name of their distributor.
    4) Look at the seal. I've seen some seals that have been stamped with a date. I'm not sure if it was the date the box was sealed or the date the box was opened, but either way a seal with an old date should be avoided. Chances that someone just bought an empty box and filled them with counterfeits is high.

I haven't had a cigar in two years. Talking about them makes me want to go buy a Cameroon CAO.

16. pektel

I should buy some more of those. I ran out of them not too long ago.

If you like full flavored smokes, try a CAO Brazilia Gol. I always have some of those in my humi.

17. JPerrydore

URL removed.

Just as an FYI the site is legit. But my bad for posting it!

18. Mindflux

Publicizing 'good' sites are how they get pinched. The URL you posted got slammed hard a couple years back in seizure rate because it was too openly talked about.

19. pektel

Thanks bud!

As mindflux mentioned, publicly posting who are sending smokes is the way those guys get busted. We don't want to bite the hand that feeds us :thumb:

20. Winny

Winny Virgin Detailer

Talking Cubans is a bit tricky with any US sites. On cigar forums based in the US, like cigar asylum and puff, there are sections for us to speak about Cubans. uRLs are forbidden and conducting any buys regarding Cubans are as well on the forum. A couple of those sites have been pinched already so the rules are strict. If you want info the best thing to do is send a PM for the info that way sites like DB won't get a call from customs. It does happen, I've seen it happen with the sites I mentioned. I like my Cuban cigars and being Canadian there are no restrictions on us......thankfully lololol.