Chemical Guys- what are the must haves???

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by supercharged, Oct 26, 2007.

1. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Yup, I just got that a month or two ago, Goood fricken stuff. I will have to find a spray foam nozzle to see if I can make it foam up even more.

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I definitely agree with the CG Sticky Wheel Gel but IME, I find that it doesn't really stick like P21S. Regardless though, it does get the job done with agitation.

3. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Whats your dilution ration?

When used stright up sticks much better but I agree could stick more, hmm might need a word with Paul

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've actually tried a few dilution ratios (3:1, 2:1, 1:1 and undiluted). Neither of them really stick as well as P21S Wheel Gel. CG Sticky is already watery when it comes in the gallon and is not as viscous as P21S. I guess I just have too high of expectations, even though the name of CG's product is "Sticky Wheel Gel".

I believe I emailed my findings to Paul (I think his email is paul@chemicalguys.com) but I never received any response emails from him. :shead: I hope my opinion reached him. :thud:

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I dilute mine about 1.5:1. The key to getting it to stick/dwell like P21s was to use a foaming head sprayer. When you use one of those it clings like crazy and as good as P21s. As a side note a foaming head sprayer works great with Megs WB too.

6. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Ill tell him this Saturday for you, i don't think he check that email. Try sales@chemicalguys.com and Attn: Paul

It still cleans really well so not too big a deal

7. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Not too many like M-Seal, but I've found it works well and I like it. Granted, and I am a newbie so the amount of products that I have tried are limited, but I think it works decently and is EASY to apply and especially, remove. I use my UDM with a red 5.25" CCS pad on a low speed to spread and apply a uniform coat.

I have some of the Lemon Lime air freshener on the way, so I'll be glad to report back about that.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I was actually using my Solo 418 and I'm guessing it doesn't really foam compared to the foaming head sprayer? Where could I get a few of these JL? I'm open to trying something different to get that clinging action!

Thanks, I forwarded my original email to that email address. Hopefully it'll do some good there. :)

9. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

where would you get a foaming head sprayer? do you have a pic of one?

10. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

The Foaming Sprayers are probably these from Auto Detailing Solutions (Nice new website)

Tolco Foaming Sprayer

[​IMG]

They work well. Do note if you use WB in the sprayer, rinse frequently.

11. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

STICKY GEL!!!! i love that shit! dilute it down 1:1 with water for really nasty wheels, dilute it 1:5 for your maintainance cleaner. cant beat it.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I think I'm gonna try mine 1:1 to begin with once I get it.

13. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

CWC, their MF towels, Luber, JETseal109

14. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I really like the Blue 550's Micro Fiber Towels with the satin edge...:thumb:

I'm glad this thread is here. because I really don't have any (MUST HAVES) yet. Maybe I can find some now...:thumb:

15. 68Stang

68Stang Birth of a Detailer

CWG, M-Seal/Jet Seal, Pete's 53.

16. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

Barebones

17. sercastik

sercastik Virgin Detailer

scratch n swirl buff,final polish,pro polish,revive,wheel acid,cwg, synthetic quick detail.pete's, I like all that stuff.

18. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

+1 on the Bare Bones. The look is Excellent! Just how long does it last is the question.

19. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

bump....curious to hear other people's experiences.

Anyone use a lot of Maxi Suds II. I ordered the small one to try it out. I currently use Optimum Car Wash and love it.

20. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Maxi SUds is Awesome!