Chemical Guys stuff

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by L~R~G Nor Cal, Jul 13, 2008.

1. L~R~G Nor Cal

L~R~G Nor Cal Virgin Detailer

Paul and I are still working out the kinks. Just very minor details like dilution ratios, but we have the product ready. I am not sure when he will release it though.

We all love P21s wheel gel, but for how much it cost, and how much we use it; it becomes expensive. Sure you could use a product like CG Grime Reaper or Megs Wheel Brightener that is cheap and works quick, but it is dangerous and the most important aspect of detailing is starting with the least aggressive manor as possible. Sometimes you have to use a strong product like CG GR or Megs WB, but you always need a good go-to product like P21s wheel gel to get an idea of what you are dealing with. P21s is perfect as well because it can be used on anything from painted wheels to cars with carbon ceramic brakes and you can leave it on for hours without harm or worry, but its soo dam expensive when you go through over 16oz a detail.

Nothing will ever be exactly the same as P21s WG for a cheaper price, but CG WG is as close as it is going to get. The mixture of CG WG I have was made exactly how I wanted it. I wanted it thicker then P21s WG and also more powerful so I can dilute it and get it to the same cleaning power (actually a bit more) as P21s WG but most importantly getting more product for the money. Its tough to apply the CG WG I have "non-diluted "because it wont spray in a mist, for it sprays in a single jet. But when I get bad wheels and want to let them soak and don't want to pull out the strong acid cleaners; it is perfect. Just a bitch to get it on evenly though. My diluted CG WG works great and I use it on most details, for I save my P21s WG for wheels that I am scared of, ceramic breaks, or if I just feel like mixing it up a bit.

In conclusion CG WG is as close as you are going to get to P21 WG. You can never replace P21s WG, but CG WG is almost in a class of its own now as well. You get more cleaning power, more product, but you just don't have the confidence you get with P21 WG. I highly recommend getting some for yourself and seeing what you think of it. Just call Paul @ CG and tell him you want the "Jared Ortner" mixture of CG WG. Its the thicker, stronger mixture of the three they made and its orange in color.

I hope I answered you questions! If you have more direct questions about the product please feel free to shoot away!

Thanks,
    Jared

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I have been waiting for CG to do this! Sounds very promising, now if they could just make a TAW alternative we would be all set!!

3. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

I'm still hoping that their Citrus Wash and CLEAR will be exactly that. I need to call them tomorrow and order a gallon if it's still available.

4. L~R~G Nor Cal

Well CG CWC is a great product, but not a substitute for TAW. I actually mix some TAW with CWC in my foam gun for maximum cleaning power.

And don't worry, I just ordered some more CWC the other day.

5. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

I called Paul and have a gallon coming my way. I'm not sure it's yours,, but I believe it is. How do you have yours diluted?

6. L~R~G Nor Cal

Im not sure exactly. I just played around with the dilution ratio tell it sprayed in a mist and not a straight jet. I would guess somewhere around 6oz of water and the rest water.

7. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

6 oz of wheel gel to the rest water, is this in a 24 or 32 oz. bottle? How much was it a gallon? I hadnt heard any pricing on it yet

8. L~R~G Nor Cal

9. L~R~G Nor Cal

10. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

ill be using a 32 oz bottle for it. Im not sure I should say pricing on it since it is not released. Im sure paul will tell you if you ask him.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hey Jared, please clear your PM Inbox buddy! Thanks. :)

12. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

How would you do your dilution for a 32oz spray bottle?

13. L~R~G Nor Cal

wheel gel? try 8 oz of water and the rest gel and see where that gets you. i was not very scientific with i diluted my cg wheel gel. I just kept adding water to the mixture tell it started to spray in a mist and not a straight gel. but i did it in small increments because i wanted to keep the mixture as thick as possible.

14. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

i ended up doing 12oz gel to 21 oz water and its a nice mist. God this stuff hurts your nose and sinus if its inhaled even slightly. But it cleans well.

15. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Well stop huffing it then. :D ;)

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

My gel smells like oranges :shead:

17. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Mine smells slightly citrusy, idk but it wasn't pleasant. How do you have yours diluted?

18. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

ahhahaha fine take away my fun.

19. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Got my wheel gel from L ~ R ~ G Nor Cal and used it today. I mixed it 2 parts gel to 1 part water and it worked really well. Thanks for the trade Jared.:thumb: