Chemical Guys - SHOWOFF!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by FMINUS, Oct 28, 2007.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Maxi Suds 2~

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Them UK ruud boyz love themselves some Maxi Suds!!!

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

ITs a good light wash similar to DG but 1/3 the price. Its my DG replacement

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

How do you mix it? Same at Citrus Wash? I guess it's probably less concentrated, right?

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I use 3oz in my cannon. A little more than CW. MS seems more diluted than DG.

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Phil, that is what i did when I had my detail shop. i would set them up with a little detail package for upkeep inbetween there visits to my shop. Customers loved it.

7. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yea they really do appreciate it. This stuff costs pennies in gallon size! :chest:

8. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

how come no one else is posting in here? i know theres more than Phil that has CG products..haha

I would post all My Adams stuff, since its techincally the same...but ill just stick to the topic

also not pictured is a boat load of MF's...i need to make a trip down there again and reload!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I'm getting more and more interested in their products ,so far I got a bottle of the EZ cream ,and a bottle of citrus
    wash and gloss and soon Fminus will send me a sample of Jetseal,mind you I would love to try more cg products but I'm just a detailing enthusiast with 2 cars to detail,how much stuff can members like me buy to be as impressive as yours or Fminus or the rest of the CG fanatics.:rollinglaugh:

10. Whip Appeal Neil

I understand...theres soooo many products out there to try...

Ive tried many..many...many and i'm very pleased with CG...there prices are almost unmatched.

If you have any questions..there website even says it..you can ask 24/7..I remember i myspaced paul (before i even introduced myself) and he gave me a call back at 11pm in the summer and i picked his brain for about an hour. If you ever have any questions...he will give you information without sugar coating anything...

My first question was "I've never heard of you guys, ive used Adams polishes this whole time..can you tell me what you guys offer that is comparable.." and the rest is history

PS I don't have NEARLY the amount Phil has in CG prdoucts...however I have galllons and galllons and gallons of Adams stuff...so if u wanna try some stuff...I'll hook you up. (haha now everyone is going to ask for samples....) but i think alot of people already tried AP's stuff...so either way, ask and ill do my best to assist you in ur 'enthusiasm' of detailing, without breakin the bank on my side..(these bottles get expensive after a while...) haha

-neil

11. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Thanks Neil ,I'm glad that you are here and are willing to take the time to explain /describe different products and share your experience.
    I have so many questions about CG products but here are just a few that puzzle me the most:

#1 =Does EZ cream glaze have enough cleaning power to remove a cured sealant under it if applied by hand?

#2=can pro polish be used with EZ cream? should it?

#3=is WET MIRROR FINISH ULTRA SLICK NON-STICK GLOSS MAGNIFIER a Glaze or polish ?
    I'm guessing it's a glaze but why would it be any different from EZ cream?

#4=M-Seal Micro Finish Factory Paint Sealant and ,FS PURE ACRYLIC CRYSTALINE HIGH GLOSS SEALANT,which one is better in your opinion?how do they compare with Jetseal?

these are the CG products I'm most interested in trying /finding out.
    I'm sorry for giving you a headache ,for sure a few members here also would benefit from your explanations,

12. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

hows the butter wax? apply well in the sun?

13. Whip Appeal Neil

distrbd - hehe of all the products u listed..i have tried none of them...phil will chime in

#4=M-Seal Micro Finish Factory Paint Sealant and ,FS PURE ACRYLIC CRYSTALINE HIGH GLOSS SEALANT,which one is better in your opinion?how do they compare with Jetseal?

i havent tried M-seal...i went for the gold and used Jetseal right away..another impressive product..and really worth it. I used the WGDPS and gave it to Klumzy the day after i got JS. It really goes along way...

I've used jetseal on the blue ccs pad...cuz by the time im that far into the detail im freakin tired as hell...but Paul said the best way to apply it is via MF applicator...something about heat? if i have a car for 2 days, its dif goin on by hand...but with a ccs pad..u can probably get a whole car done TWICE with about 1.5 oz

Scott's Mobile Detailing

as far as butter wax..this is what ive used for 2 years..applies great in the sun, heat with no hiccups...just make sure u double check for streaks in the sun

I detail frequently In the Las Vegas Heat, sadly in 120 degree weather...the only thing i notice is sometimes it streaks...but i would say that with an edgless MF or a good MF u can avoid that problem...also...u can always hit it with some detail spray to aid in your removal

14. Whip Appeal Neil

by the way..that super absorber towel that is shown in the post above is realllllly great. i forgot if this was the towel that Paul said was "fake microfiber" in the essence that its BETTER than your traditional MF so that it can be washed over and over while retaining its feel and functionality

that barebones is probably the same as the adams undercarriage spray and ive had that before it was even released and it really is a show stopper...i use it generously on wheel wells and it really makes ur Detail A1 quality.

For the person intersted in using the undercarriage spray..i would do it where u can have a good 30 mins to an hour for it to set without moving the car so that u dont kick up dust and it have it stick to the finish...otherwise a very very very impressive prodruct

this is the adams stuff..but im sure the CG stuuff will yield the SAME results
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

by the way, im glad i can give such information. (MODS u can remove this , if this is out of bounds) but i remember when i first signed up at AG and INTRODUCED MYESLF (my very first post) i had explained that i was an avid Adams user and was INTERESTED IN NEW PRODUCTS THAT COMPARE...and my thread got blocked and i wasnt allowed to mention such things , even for comparison... TO NICA...CHEERS TO SUCH A WONDERFUL FORUM!

15. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

thanks for the info...dont worry..im ordering adams stuff and cg stuff lol

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Whip Appeal Neil, glad your enjoying forum buddy, share away..compare a way all goes here...I just stress that a certain level of respect is maintained that's all :peace: heck that's what forums are for to share opinions, thoughts, techniques :thumb: well at least I think so.

So share a way guys :chest:

17. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

thank for the tip Whip Appeal Neil!
    i havent used barebones yet. and also when i got it from paul he was saying the chemical guys formula works better than the adams one.

18. Whip Appeal Neil

touche! =)...let us know how it works out for you =)

19. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

i have hardcore and wheel gaurd. havent used either yet

20. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

i hear hardcore is awsome!

and i cant wait to use barebones but it will be a couple weeks unless i choose to dress my fender wells before it goes back together