chemical guys new wax - e-zyme.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by supercharged, Sep 20, 2008.

1. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

well said

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I put some of this wax on my guitar and man......

You guys really need to go and get some...

3. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

LOL, I'm not rumbling... not even grumbling! All I have ever said is that enzymes are a very wide class of ingredient and I'm amazed you guys don't want more specifics.

The last thing this industry needs is another myth so it would be nice to have a few facts to back it all up.

It is exactly because the recipe and manufacturing process and technique is so critical in production terms, that the disclosure of ingredients is relatively unimportant for reasons of intellectual property.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Good luck to the new CG wax, look forward to seeing the reports, but I am slightly amazed you chaps seem to find the ingredients so unworthy of discussion. It is the most intriguing thing about the new wax :)

4. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

no doubt this wax will be good, as with all CG waxes.
    but for the price, which is around the BOS / smargd range, would you say it is up there with the big names ?

it is expensive for a CG product, and I'm sure many ppl out there find it hard to swallow.
    i mean CG's well known for its economical price and quality ...

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Stop it! :fs:

6. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I think its better than BOS/SMARGD. But then again, its my opinion! My advice is to try it out, if you dont like it you can always resell it! Its a new item so Im sure you can move it fast if need be.

In terms of price, if CG is known to sell stuff "cheap" at $200~ doesnt it mean its should be worth even more?

7. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

hey DOM. I want to know the facts.. Please if you don't mind, tell something. It's always interesting to hear opinions. Like discussion of the "enzyme". What i know regarding enzymes are generally broad. ( just my understanding though) I know every living things has enzyme. Now cg used enzyme in their product, did they ever go down to that last one bit of molecule to get that enzyme? (forgive me guys. just curious that's all):peace::peace:

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

How does it looks on the car paint though??? I really doubt that there are many member on this forum that are willing to pay that much for a guitar wax...

9. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

This is definitly my favorite wax so far.

10. supercharged

what does it smells like??? Mango? Peaches???

11. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

creamsicle. Mangoish a very little bit. It smells amazing.

12. supercharged

mmmm...sounds delicious...maybe I'll have it for a desert...
    I'm getting carried away...:applause2:

13. Arek

Arek Any Rag Vehicle Washer

14. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Im pretty sure that CG makes their own products......

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

You might want to double check the statement where CG doesn't make their own products. They also rebrand a lot for other brands.

16. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Thats laughable.

Marketing always has and always will do that. Look at the auto industry for example. Every time they come out with a new platform for a vehicle it all of the sudden has a 30% stronger frame than the previous year. And when that platform was new it was to have been 30% stronger than the previous model. Going by that the new frame should be indestrucable....either that or the older version should have crumpled pulling into the driveway :thud:

With marketing if you cant ead between the lines your in trouble.........

17. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

I have to say I LOVE this wax. But for a few different reasons.
    - First off.. it sets up FAST. I mean real fast. I wipe it off within 15 sec. after application. Which im not used to at all.
    - It looks clean... after a wipe the panel looks very crisp. Its not quite as warm as an oilier wax such as Victoria or Zymol Concours. I am not sure if the wax needs a second wipe or not like almost all other high percentage carnuaba waxes .
    - And it does smell very nice. A bit plasticy , but overall very mango-ish.
    But it does look fantastic. I have only used it on a few panels so far ( a X5 and a M6, both black ) ..
    The only thing I want to know is how long is the cure time between coats??

18. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

arek just quit..

you're not getting anywhere.. CG has one of the nicest most honest sales rep and cs departments period!! there product quality is known world wide to be about the best bang for the buck with quality results and even pioneering new ideas along the way.

just stop the BS and stop trying to pick a fight b/c you in particular have a fit with CG apparently and haven't even really used or know anything about there products.

19. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Bottom line, aside from the ingredients, packaging blah blah, it looks REALLY good on the paint.

I think that should be the bottom line.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!

20. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

looking forward to getting mine too

bro in law will be going to the U.S for business conference and will be able to bring it back for me :)

this will be my first "high end" wax :)