Chemical Guys Citrus Wash

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by wagonproject, Oct 13, 2009.

1. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

The haze shouldn't be much of an issue if you are going to be polishing after stripping. Even a pre-wax glaze/cleaner will take care of it. If it really bothers you, you could spritz some distilled water and remove it. I generally try to avoid getting the IPA near glass because of the black rubber trim usually near the glass.

2. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Sorry, never use IPA before. May I know, what could happen if IPA get into the black rubber? if on glass, its only a haze, easy to wipe off as u mentioned.

If wanna to strip of LSP ... using IPA, just spray, wipe on wipe off? dillution 50:50? any harm to paint surface?

tq

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I think I'm going to try Optimum Power Clean next time. I know it's a great exterior cleaner that is safe for all surfaces, and it strips waxes and sealants in a heartbeat. It can be used in a foam cannon easily and safely.

4. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

It can dry out rubber pieces and fade black trim. IPA can actually clean glass, so its not much of an issue, but I worry about the rubber parts around glass itself. If some gets on these pieces and you wipe it right off, its not an issue. You just dont want IPA dwelling on these pieces.

I wipe on/wipe off. Basically have the IPA in 1 hand and MF in the other. I prefer to do 2 wipedowns mainly to assure that I havent missed any areas. Some guys go with straight 91% IPA (not the typical 70% IPA you have in your bathroom). I cut my 50:50 with distilled water and still find it sufficient enough.

If I know I am going to reapply sealant/wax or polish, I still do a concentrated wash with CWG before hand, but even doing a non-stripping wash, the IPA is good at removing LSP. If you are not convinced, try a small panel. After 2 wipedowns the panel will feel very dry and not slick at all. Water will not bead on that section. I have yet to find anything that works as well as IPA for removing old wax and sealants. Plus its not very expensive.