CG Water Spot Remover....

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Philbert_Wormley, May 16, 2010.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Norcal Bob uses it still I think. I saw him use it on a Porsche and had to apply it like 9 times.

G, did you find that decon wash helped with the waterspots?

2. No, but 105 and wool sure did :gidiup:

3. Reflect

Well more specifically I was talking about the neutralization of whatever was in the spots.

4. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

I've used Poorboys SSR2 polish by hand with great results for removing water spots off my trunk.

5. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Are ya talkin' to me Kyle?

No ... I haven't done anything yet ... too hot to do anything outside the house.

6. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

110 degree sun and the CR was at fault.............:doh: wash your black car in the morning or in the evening and this will never happen again(lol) I promise.

7. Auto Concierge

Yes I do....... multiple applications will be required to loosen the mineral etch, then correction can follow. Patience will be needed and USE gloves unless you want to look like a snake shedding it's skin.

Here is how I get the best results.

1. Apply liberally in back in forth motion with a moistened with water 100ppi foam applicator(so you are not inducing anymore marring).
    2. Let product dry to a haze.
    3. Using a spray bottle, and spray down the area with distilled or DI water liberally to rinse the panel or glass thoroughly.
    4. Repeat as needed until correction is acheived(note polish the area by hand to see if the product has caused the spots to release off the panel or glass).

NOTE: rinse thoroughly!!!! so the water spot remover stops activating,(also there will be rotten egg like smell).

Hope this helps.

8. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Call CG, I saw this product on their storefront shelf about a week ago. It works well, but multiple applications may be needed.

9. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Thanks Bob. Think I'll have to give this a try. Stupid, stupid hard water....

10. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

I have use DG 501 Polish on waterspot before under panels gaps and it works really nice plus leaves protection. I use with a MF app or a foam applicator.

I think I read somewhere that some of the waterspot removers are acid.

How can you let acids like waterspot remover dry on paint and not hurt anything? I don't understand this.

11. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Well, I got the CG water spot remover yesterday. Tried it out this morning. Took on average about 2 passes with the stuff. Gotta say, it works pretty well. PITA, but it seems to work. It's one of those rare gloomy, rainy days here in the desert, so I haven't had a chance to see it in the sunlight, but I had my Surefire LED handy. Def works better than vinegar.

Thanks again for the tips, Bob.

12. Reflect

I had some salt deposits on my windshield and hood from the salt air down here at the shore, and it also took two passes with CG WSR to remove them, but it worked pretty damn well.

13. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

Bob, have you ever used this with either a rotary or DA? I'm working on a truck for a widow who wants to sell her late husband's truck and the back glass has eleven years of S. TX. hard water spots and etching all over it. The small test area I tried it on took me almost an hour and only knocked it down about 50%. I used a mf towel with tons and tons of elbow grease. :thud:

14. macrylinda

macrylinda Virgin Detailer

I have nice wireless router at home and a few computers in every room. I'm not too much of a tv person.

PM me if you need any help or anything. I'm an amateur that loves detailing ... I'm always buying and trading products, but I've been finding really good products lately that are becoming part of my permanent arsenal.

15. Pay attention :duh:

16. Auto Concierge

There is no need to apply with a rotary or DA as this is not how the product works(works by breaking down the mineral etch with the acid, not friction) on paint I use a 100ppi applicator, on glass I use a foam surrounded by microfiber applicator (square blue or white applicator I get from my local P&S guy) and then ELBOW GREASE.

Some awful build up will take many applications(if it was easy everyone could do it lol) and if you want the results there will be a pysical price to pay, on a black Nissan GTR last year it took 12-15 appplications before the spots loosened off the clearfilm and paint(note I have a Lamborghini in the shop right now with clearfilm on the entire car and even the gel could not fix the spots on it as the water sat for to long).

After the each app you will need to do a spot polish to see if the spots released of the surface(I know it is tedious suckness but when it is bad this is what has to be done so CHARGE accordingly!.

17. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Excellent advice and how to, bob. I have a bottle I have yet to try, since I haven't run into stubborn water spots since I bought it. Now I can hit the ground running. Thanks :thumb:

18. Yes ^ :claping:

Hey Bob, this elbow grease you speak of. Where can I purchase this :muscle:

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:lol:

20. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

Thank you for the help, Bob. I'll give it another shot on the next wash.