CG vs Duragloss

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by eShine, Jun 13, 2008.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

I like adding complete lines and right now because DG can be done for about 25 products it looks more appealing for us. I would like to do CG but the more I look through the products they offer the more I get confused. I can see the confusion already, "What is the difference between PolishA, PolishB, C,D, and E?"

2. eShine

eShine Guest

$$$ and space. Although we are growing every year we need to make profit yearly. This year we added several lines including Zymol, and Lost our shirts on Swissvax and Einszett. We try to add lines one at a time and wait until the line either fails then clear it out or if it starts paying for itself we then move to the next line. We added 10 brands in one shot in 2005 and almost went broke.

3. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Check you e-mail Chris!

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Chris ....look at it this way....I would concentrate on the Canadian customers wants...as you can get DG cheap here with cheap shipping in the US....Now for CG's it may be best to do 16oz bottles for now...gallons will be expensive to ship so may deter sales for MOST people..there is a Canadian CG dealer now who just sells 16oz bottles...no gallons....I forget who the dealer was ..but was posted when CG's raised the price of Pete's and 50/50..some one posted the site for cheaper than CG"s site....so you will have a competetior

AL

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Good point by AL! Duragloss is some great products to. And good to sell to pepoles that don`t use machines.

6. eShine

eShine Guest

There are also Canadian resellers of DG but we can't let that scare us. We have the largets selection in Canada by far so many prefer to one stop shop. I am the same way when ordring online, I keep surfing until I can get it all in one shot. This is why AG is so popular in the USA. We get dozens of emails per week "I can't wait till you get product XXX so I can just shop at eShine". I think I will start with the smaller beast, DG. I dug through 2008 emails and there were 6 requests for CG and 31 for DG.

7. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Is your typical customer a volume detailer (details lots of cars for a living) or lower volume detailer. You made a comment that you had more people asking about DG. If these all buy DG, will they be back anytime soon? Or, are you looking for buyers for volumes. That is, the customers you want or expect are different with CG or DG. For example, a smaller number of higher volume CG buyers may generate more sales than a larger number of DG buyers.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

hahahaha half of those came from me hahahaha :lol2: just teasing hahahaha

9. eShine

eShine Guest

eShine will soon be a reseller of CG's. I am getting a list together of products we will initially stock. Most will be 16oz until we see what sells and what doesnt, then we will add gallons. DG had no interest in selling to us and CG seems to be popular lately. CG was also easy to deal with which is a bonus.

10. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:yikes:

shock and awe I tell ya...shock and awe!

11. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Congrats! Carrying 16oz sizes in the beginning makes perfect sense, hope it all goes well!

12. eShine

eShine Guest

Just got off the phone and was told they never actually read our email and just sent a generic responce. LOL Every company deals differentely. Duragloss is now looking over our information. Spoke to Paul at CG, was real easy. Have all week to make final decisions. Will keep you all posted.

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Both great lines, cannot go wrong with either.

14. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Heh, is it possible you could end up carrying both now even though you didn't plan on it? LOL, sounds like a roller-coaster ride chris.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

wow :confused: I don't get how companys can operate like that :confused: to each there own I suppose :shrug:

16. eShine

eShine Guest

I now have both DG and CG on the go. Don't know which one will be first, I have yet to see DG's pricing. I do have an idea of CG's pricing already. I should know for sure this week.

17. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

It would be better to call and ask for Bill....he is the desk type guy....I call him alot and we shoot the breeze...Jerry is more the mad chemist and is in the lab alot and I do not think he is the one who does the selling and buisness end...

Bill is a cool guy....they are pretty laid back....do not bother with the desk girl who answers the phone..she has sniffed to many fumes I think...lol....real dizzy....

I do have thier personal email address also but its on my laptop and thats not here at the moment...I get responded to the same day with that address

Al