CG new wax ?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by raptor, Dec 7, 2009.

1. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

AGREED!!! It's work enough to open and out away the wax in the Mystery perspex. I just leave it out now. I would hate having to unscrew 4 screws every time, wonder if they took that into consideration at ALL.

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I've heard that the case is what makes the wax so expensive, really nothing to do with the wax itself. It's made of some "rare" ingredients, but the case makes the wax.... go figure

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

maybe its just e-zyme in a fancy $1600 metal case.

4. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

Hey don't put that checkbook down yet: I've got this lovely new outfit to sell you, made of the finest invisible fabric in the universe! Only one previous owner, and he was an emperor.

Hey if all those fetish folks are jumping off a bridge, why not?

So just when you think a company like CG will never pull it off, remember; there's one born every minute.

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Seriously... there is obviously a market for high end waxes... and if people have the money why not...

Don't hate because you can't afford it...

I'd have to buy one of these to open it... lol

[​IMG]

6. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

It's not hate nor is it envy, and last I checked: my accountant wasn't you so don't bother making baseless assumptions about my bankroll.

Sorry for introducing any elements of reality into things; it's obviously not desired in this thread so I'll take a hint and abstain from any further commentary from my end.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

We can go on and on about the fact that there are expensive waxes out there. If you don't want to buy it, then don't. If you do, have fun with it and then send me a free sample...

;)

8. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

The reality is that there are some people that WANT this wax, and will pay for it, like alot of other waxes on the market. Obviously you are not one of them, we understand that. but it seems like you want to degrade others that DO want to or HAVE bought it. Let it go. If they want the wax..... awesome, I want to see a review. If not...... dont buy it. Simple really.

9. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

Nah....
    This is just conspiracy by CG and Zymol to make the holiday sampler 3 looks like a REAL bargain :p:

10. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

OK, I now i dont wanna go off topic because but its late and i am bored.

So CG Comes out with this New wax. Not very many people have tried so not alot of us cant really say anything about it. Yes, its expensive, and its crazy how people will pay alot of money for these high end waxes.

I personally, have never tried one of these $1,500 Super waxes like SV Crystal Rock and CG Kore...... But my question to the forum is, are these waxes THAT much better than, lets say a $100 wax, or some CG 50/50 or Supernatural?

Just rambling thoughts.

11. k1msta

k1msta Guest

wax collecting is a expensive hobby but............................
    (example)so is modding cars.. do you think modding cars is a waste of money? yes!
    but its a hobby.. ppl enjoy doing it.. so does it matter what ppl say? no!
    why? cause its worth the happiness that gives u. thats all it matters.

Hobby: An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I totally agree with you...it's a hobby, it's a passion!!!

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I'll have to agree with you on this one, as everyone have different income, they look differently at life...Some can afford to buy a very expensive wax, and they do...
    Be smart, spend money wisely, and buy what gives you your passion.
    By the way, I've been to Louis Vitton boutique in Roseville galleria mall (was visiting Apple store), and yes, Louis Vitton purses are expensive, very expensive...

14. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

Disagreeing with someone is ok, but calling someone a fool because they want to spend (or waste as you would call it) their own hard earned money is both rude and moronic. Theres an entire consumer market out there of products with neglible returns for exhorbant prices. Automobiles are the perfect example. The fact that this is one area you dont want to spend your money is a moot point, since some people do. You dont have to be a dick about it. Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

PS. Ken beat you to the point by about 5 pages.

15. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

This is just my opinion so take it for what its worth. I don't think they are leaps and bounds better, but lets take a look at what another forum member says about rubbish boys edition: that its his favorite look second to vintage. On the UK forums alot of people say that it looks as good as vintage so we are talking about an 80 dollar wax that can compete with a 2k wax. General consensus is that it's not better but equal to or less than. I have never used vintage nor any of the other superwaxes, the most expensive wax that i've used to date is swissvax Best of Show I liked it but I found that RBOE looks better than concorso and in my opinion i loved the way supernatural v2 protected better. You'll hear day in and day out about machine polishing clearcoat to perfection will cause the lsp to not matter, which is true but there are nuances you can see and that is what you are hoping will look the best with a superwax.

For me it is all about the impression I get when I get a wax...I love how Swissvax and zymol have elaborate (impractical) cases for their top tier waxes, and dodo juice has a beautiful hand carved pot which i love! and now CG (who has made waxes that are sleepers(meaning dont look flashy but perform well)) has put their foot into the door with a top tier wax has me excited, but I just dont have the coin to spend on them so in my mind i try to justify the lower end waxes, until i can have the disposable income to buy them. I mean don't get me wrong if i wanted to to I could go and buy royale and vintage in one swoop, but its the mindset for me i guess. As of now vintage appeals to me because of the lifetime refill but in order for me to perceive value from it i have to use it exclusively and i dont think i am ready for that kind of commitment to a wax :)

sorry for the rambling, I just wanted to let out that imo: your paying for image and exclusivity and very little performance.

16. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I wasn't hating on people who can afford it, I wasn't saying that at all. There's one thing that sticks out in my mind, a couple years ago I was dead set on opening up and owning my own restaurant, a couple people told me they didn't know if it was a good idea, I didn't listen. Then I talked to a successful restaurant owner and told him my idea... His first response:

"That's a dumb*** idea." Then he laid out facts about owning a restaurant and made me realize through how blunt he was that it would be extremely hard and he was very lucky to be in the situation he was in. It didn't take away from my dream of doing it, but it made me realize that I had to look into other stuff too. All I'm saying is take a step back and say "Is this what I really want?".

FWIW DW had a wax test(I wish I could find it) with 7 of the same black cars, all corrected by the same guy, and put 7 different waxes on it and had people who had no idea what wax was on what car give it scores on how well it looked, etc. Most were VERY high end waxes, including a $7,000 one, and IIRC Collinite 915, a 15 dollar wax, got 1st or 2nd over waxes that cost thousands.

17. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

I got a chance to talk with Paul out at SEMA again this year and see some of the new CG products on the horizon. The box it is shocking with how heavy it is, very shocking. As for its use as a wax I have not a clue.

18. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Anything you can share on whats new? When r they gonna become available, did he say?

19. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

This what chemical guys posted on their Twitter re: cg kore
    @RNickolas Hey buddy. We have it in the US we are just sold out at SEMA. We hope to have it on line soon. Call us (310)678-2838 :)

20. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Any know? PLEEEEASSE! :)

I really want to make one for myself.