CG new wax ?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by raptor, Dec 7, 2009.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

wtf? Lol

2. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

i think thats german.

3. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

kennst du das wachs?= do u know the wax ( i ask my wife she is german):whistle:

4. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

If they are going to an $1,800 wax for sale, they should at least spell everything in the description properly. I'm not buying anything with "steal" screws to seal in the wax.

5. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

haha im sure spelling should change it it were sold in the US. At least i hope it would.

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Don't kit yourself have you seen the CG site, there are spelling errors all over the place as well on product labels

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Nah man its all about the waxes, polishing is for losah's

:duh:

Every damn product these days is the most revolutionary, high tech, mind blowing item the world has ever seen. Annoying to say the least!

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Just got diablo wheel gel... its a slipper formula, yep spelling error meant to say slippery.

Tards!

9. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

You wouldn't believe what I heard about the wax!!!!!! hahahahaha it's all in the canister

10. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Well grime reaper is suppose to be stronger THEN acid.

11. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Talked to Paul about this Last week..... I am STILL trying to get on the List for US purchase....Hopefully.

12. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

if its over 100 dollars, they can revolutionize someone else

13. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Frankly, I think that's a terrible idea. No offense. I would not buy a new $1,800 wax that probably is no different from Supernatural or any wax for that matter. 1,800 can be much more well spent on something else.

There are MUCH more promising new products out there, such as the new Optimum Opti-Coating that does more than that wax can ever do. Sorry to be so frank, but that's just the way I see it and sometimes we need a slap of reality to come to, but if you really still wanna buy it, it's your money.

14. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

Their website needs a complete overhaul by a qualified web site designer:
    - visually cluttered
    - spelling errors all over the place
    - pics of a product are linked to completely unrelated other product's description pages.

15. tors

tors Any Rag Vehicle Washer

For YOU it's a terrible idea, as I'm sure it is for plenty of other detailers. For myself and people like Carlos and FMINUS, dropping several thousand dollars on a jar of wax is perfectly reasonable. We have the disposable income capable of buying products like Divine, Royale, Vintage, and now Kore. If buying things like this won't bankrupt us or put our families out on the street, then why not? People all over the world have all sorts of collection fetishes:

-Women buying expensive purses (Gucci, LV, Jimmy Choo) when they can buy a purse from Macy's instead
    -Men buying expensive watches (Breitling) when they can buy a $5 watch that can tell time perfectly
    -Collecting baseball cards
    -Buying collector's cars

There are an infinite amount of examples out there. Back on the topic of Kore, I think it's a wonderful wax. Terrific beading, easy application, extremely wet appearance, and a great case that I can show off to potential clients. The case alone would have been worth the price of admission, as it's quite beautiful. Would I buy Kore again? Absolutely, but again, that's just me.

[​IMG]

16. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

QFT :afro: :thumb: :headbang:

17. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

The case is worth the 1800?? i gotta see this case!! haha...im glad you like the wax...granted CR is 1,100 and people buy it..hell whats another 700 when you are willing to spend 1,100 on a wax?? but to be fair..i wouldnt pay 180 for a CG wax, or for any wax for that matter..not to knock CG waxes because i love 53 and 50/50..but i think some of their products have pretty outstanding claims and always proceed with caution.

18. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I have seen, Felt, and Held the case in person.... It is a excelled piece made with a CNC machine. It weights ALOT. The only thing i didnt see was inside.

19. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'd just be annoyed that it would take me 45 seconds to open the container...

20. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Hi I was wondering if you have ever opened it up yet? If so could you tell me if the underside of the "cap" is flat or not? My cousins own a aerospace company that deals with aluminum and have milling and water jet machines. I want to see if I can make my own case for my own collection/use.

I am just curious if there is some type of O-ring or something on the bottom or if it just seals from metal to metal contact and the screws.

Thanks so much!