CG Leather conditioner?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by rcu316, Jan 8, 2008.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Compare automobile upholstery [finished pigmented leather] to a vehicles paint surface with a clear coat;
    1. A base material (metal) with a colour coat of water-based polymer paint
    [Leather hide pigmented with a water-based polymer resin]

2. A water-based polymer clear coat to provide protection
    [Water-based polyethylene clear coating to provide protection]

3. Paint doesn’t need oils to feed it (whatever Zymol says); it’s not a living thing.
    [Leather was removed from a dead animal, it’s then fat-liquored to preserve its oils and then sealed, and it doesn’t need oils to feed or condition it, even if they could permeate the various coverings]

2. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

I personally have found CG's leather conditioner to be my favorite conditioner ( Have only used Automagic, Carbrite, and Meguiar's conditioners though) At first I found it to be very ineffective, and then I reread the instructions and wiped it off while there was still a wet film on the leather and then I got the results I was looking for. What kind of prep do you all usually do pre-leather conditioner?

3. rcu316

rcu316 Virgin Detailer

I have been using Lexol pre conditioner. I have used Lexol and Liquid Glass Connoisseur's Choice some lately. I was just curious about the Chemical Guys stuff as I have never tried any of their products, that's why I was asking about them. I thought I might try some polish and was wanting to find out about the interior products as I was going to order everything at once.

4. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

Yeah also look into total interior cleaner (T.I), its not listed on the site though, you have to ask for it. It can be used as a leather cleaner also (I believe) and it removes quite a bit of dirt from heavily soiled seats.