CG Diablo wheel gel

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Spyral, Sep 1, 2009.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

3. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Looks the same, just a different color.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

looks like the almighty shag rag.

5. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Got my Diablo. This stuff is legit. I used it @ 1:3 dilution like the directions dictate, and it did not disappoint, very clingy and cleans extremely well. Paul seemed a bit busy so I wasn't able to clarify if this stuff can be used at different dilutions. Although its very clingy, one can only imagine what a 1:1 ratio would do, or even straight. So many Q's, any way this is definitely a must have. great stuff, foams like crazy when agitated, and it has really good cleaning abilities.

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

That is awesome, Eric.

I am mad excited, my 2 gallons arrive tomorrow. I think I've read somewhere (I think on this forum) that it can be diluted 5:1 and still offer good cleaning power. I dunno what to do with my Sticky Gel though...I still have 3 32oz bottles diluted 4:1, 2 32oz bottles diluted 2:1, and around maybe 40oz straight up left.

Looks like Sticky Gel is going to have to sit around for a little while.

7. Emile

The order came today! Two beautiful Diablo Gel gallons are sitting on my shelf right now. I mixed up two bottles, each with a 2.5:1 ratio (20oz water, 8oz Diablo). It smells really nice, like bubble gum. The stuff is really thick and gel-like with tons of tiny little bubbles. CG told me that the bubbles will trap dirt and grime so that it can be rinsed away safely. Directions for application are to spray on and allow as much time as needed to clean, wipe stubborn spots with a brush or sponge, and rinse off thoroughly.

I need to try this stuff out on a really hammered wheel, my wheels (and even my wheel barrels) are always squeaky clean.

8. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

i have read on how great the diablo product works but i have not found where are you guys buying it from. is it already here in the U.S. from the CG site? i need to get some of these stuff and compare it to the P21S whee gel.

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Not on there site, CG keeps telling me via twitter that is be on there soon, it was suppose to be on last friday, then this monday so best thing to do is just to give them a call and order it.

10. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I finally got a chance to mix my first bottle today, however something odd happened while doing so. I added Diablo first to my bottle and then water. As I was adding the water, the gel bubbled a little and then spilled out of the bottle. It looked a small volcano erupting..lol. Has this happened to anyone else?

This stuff is great. It has a long dwelling time (actually it cling like crazy), cleans great and smells awesome. I'm glad that I got two gallons of it. :)

11. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

Great to see the continued feedback on this product. I think I'll see if I can get the 16oz bottle with my next order.

Somewhat off topic but each time I see this post and the title Diablo, I immediately flash back to Smokey & the Bandit when Sheriff Buford T Justice orders his Diablo sandwich. :)

12. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

:giggle: i cant help but laugh at the visual of trying to measure it out nicely to get the ratio correct and then having it suddenly spewing out all over the place. I just mixed my 1st batch of it today 3:1 and had no problem. The smell, and thickness of this gel are both simply amazing. Makes P21S Gel look like tap water.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

:applause2: Great video man, and freaking hilarious. Your coworker was handling that wheel with that EZ detail brush like a virgin.

14. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

do you guys use the 866 phone number or the 310 phone for them to answer your calls at chemical guys? thanks

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I call the 310 number before. The few times I did call it was around 10-11 PM EST

16. Emile

Call every number on the website, and consider they are in Cali time and they work 9AM - 5PM. You want to try to get in touch with Paul. Tell Paul that you are looking for a product that smells like strippers and feels like Astroglide, for cleaning your wheels.

Usually a woman answers so don't tell her that. If you get a hold of Paul, he will know what you mean.

17. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Well i went to CG site and they have the Diablo on there site now. it also cost 65.00 a gallon. i am wondering if anyone here knows of a coupon for CG site.

18. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

"gold" for 5%

You can see if the code "twittercg" still works for 10%

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That is normally there weekend one, it seems they put it up almost every weekend if not every other weekend.

20. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

bringing back the the thread just to say i got my diablo today and it smells amazing!!! cant wait to use it on something, im thinking of using the same bottle and spray head my P21S came in anyone think this will work?