CG Diablo wheel gel or P21S wheel gel?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Hold your horses guys. I'm literally in the midst of a car wash using Diablo Gel at 6:1 and it is mad disappointing. 4oz Diablo and 24oz water (6:1) is just too watery. It's clinging a little bit but it feels more like using a regular wheel cleaner.

Already did two wheels and took before, during, and after pics and they came out completely clean. Sprayed on, let sit for 5 minutes and then brushed with various brushes, and pressure-washed it all off. Again, completely clean but my tire dressing is still there....I think I would have had the same results with just soap and water - I have my brushes dwelling in a bucket of 4oz CWG and 4 gallons of water so I can't give out any credit yet.

Let me get back to these remaining two wheels, the Diablo is dwelling as I type this post.

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Hurry up! I have a gallon of it in my shopping cart as we speak :D

Maybe 6:1 for well maintained wheels, so as to not strip any protection, and 3:1 for mad cleaning power?

3. calypso

calypso Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Would this be safe on carbon/ceramic brake discs?

4. Emile

I just did all four wheels. I would say 6:1 is good for well-maintained wheels, but that's not strong enough to strip off any durable tire dressings...it didn't strip off my existing wheel protection, either. And yeah, I clean up the wheel barrels and behind the spokes, came out 100% clean. It doesn't cling and foam up like Sticky Gel at 4:1...I'd rather use Sticky Gel 4:1 vs Diablo at 6:1 considering the price difference between the two per gallon. Diablo wasn't like a gel at this ratio and it didn't foam up much and I used A LOT...I used up both 28oz bottles to do all four wheels hoping to see some effects of the gel, but no dice. Count on diluting 4:1 for regular use. Gonna try it on my father's vehicle at 3:1 this week-end.

5. mabaty

mabaty Virgin Detailer

I am waiting for the Diablo gel cleaner to arrive, and my plan is to do a full comparison of Diablo diluted 4:1 (since 6:1 is really for maintenance) and P21s green an the dirtiest wheels I can find, I am thinking about using an acidic cleaner on another wheel also for another to compare with. I will be taking plenty of pictures, possibly video too, I cant wait it should be interesting.

6. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

ive used diablo at 3:1 and i can say that it foams up and clings more than sticky gel and P21S...

7. Emile

6:1 sucked ass. Knowing how it was at 6:1, I'm going to refill the bottles to 4:1 for maintenance cleanings...I bet my trusty P21S Gel will blow it away at 4:1.

I can't wait to try it at 3:1 this week-end.

8. pektel

what i.ve used on wheels previously is either swg at 1:1, or optimum power clean at 3:1, with probably 4to 6 oz of megs gold class in the 32 oz bottle. it has worked very well for me, but i haven.t tried it on super-neglected wheels yet.

9. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

OPC at 3:1 offers great cleaning power. :thumb:

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

That is what I've been using...

11. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I agree completely. I've been using Red P21S Gel for quite some time now and I've compared it to the green version and the red version is completely in a league of it's own. Even compared against Meg's Wheel Brightener Red P21S Gel still gets my vote. To be honest now that I have Red P21S Gel I don't see the need to use any other type of product...but it's always good to try something new :shrug:

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Some are not as lucky as you Carlos and cant stock pile on the red stuff, so we got to get our own bubble gum smelling red stuff. :applause2:

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Well if all goes according to plan Red P21S Gel will be available to all DB members, just like I did with Tardis ;) It's just taking a bit longer then I had antisipated..that and way more money then I had budgeted...but I didn't give up on Tardis, I'm not about to give up on Red P21S Gel...just wont be as cheap as Tardis...well will see, it all comes down to how much I order...and I'm talking skid's, multiple skids :thumb:

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

:giggle: Oh I would love to see that order come in, wonder what your neighbors would think haha.

15. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Hell Ya Nica!!

Tardis is one hell of a product.... It is so much better than Tarminator it isn't even funny...

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Neighbors already know when the UPS or Fedex truck shows in the neighborhood it's for me lol...but this order wont be coming to my house, it's going to my bay unit...:nod: thanks to DB Boss I now have my own 'warehouse' :thumb: So what doesn't fit in my house goes over to the bay unit...besides the way I've been ordering, it's now in skids not dozens :shakehead: :shakehead: Just keeps getting worse and worse :thumb:

17. Emile

You gotta do it. I am DOWN for P21S Red Gel. :mounty:

18. pektel

i can get p21s red. Just need some others to make it worth the shipping. So if i get 5 people willing to buy 5 liters each...

19. Emile

I'm in 100%.

20. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

what is the approximate cost? the regular P21S Gel is pretty expensive IMO. I dont know about you guys but when i clean 4 wheels i use close to 15-20oz of diluted product using my tolco foaming sprayer. Iv been going through CG Sticky Wheel Gel 3:1 like nothing else. This makes it hard for me to justify spending so much $ on wheel cleaner. Maybe im just using too much?? :shrug: