CG BlackLight REVIEW

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by TimAD, Nov 30, 2011.

1. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

I agree in CG's website being very "cheap" looking and not as efficient as other well put together sites like Phil's. But, that also goes along with their marketing scheme. If they have a window cleaner that cleans windows it's called window cleaner. Or a car scent that smells like strippers it's called strippers. No fancy labels or names, just products that are cheap and WORK.

That's what i liked about Blacklight, although it does have some protection in it i'm not going to use it just for an LSP. I'd always top it with something else. It does one job and it does that job well with a very efficient process. It's easy to use, it's relatively cheap and it works for what's it's designed to do.

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

My whole issue was they marketed it as a LSP, in fact that is how Paul told me to use it...... well it lasted for shit and I stopped using it.

If he had told me it was good AIO for minor imperfections I would still probably be using it.

But they do have cheap products that work.

3. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Well said. Market it as an AIO and it would already be on my shelf.

4. Kilo6_one

honestly, paul said to me that they intentionally created a marketing buzz by not really coming out and saying what it was, LSP, Glaze or what have you.......... says it created mystery. What it did was waste alot of peoples time and money and NOW that we actually know what it can be used for people have moved on like in my case. I still have some somewhere, I know Bob has used it to clean NAV screens so maybe it does have a place. We shall see.

5. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

Thats the exact reason why I asked Bob here if he felt it were similar to EZcreme, and if it had the same exceptions on certain paints. I suspect the labeling is the only significant difference from ezcreme

I have used EZ creme for a long time on polishing pads and light cut pads, on softer paints they remove some light swirls which tells me it cleans mechanically. Second thing that clues me in is the fact that EZCreme states on its labels that it actually provides some sort of protection. I seriously wouldn't doubt if this was just an updated bottle label.

6. Kilo6_one

who knows Mike, they have so many products that do pretty much the same thing, just different labels......... I gave up trying to figure it out LOL

7. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I think from now on I will just buy towells from CG and purchase my other products from Phil.

8. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I agree, I'm been a huge sucker in the past for whatever new "great" product comes along but once I started reading the stuff where CG would kinda wink and say "it's something completely different, we can't really say what it is"

It just made no sense, seemed hokey and set off warnings. I mean if a product is really 'all that' then it should stand on its own and not need a goofy marketing campaign. I know with all the products out there they may need hype to get noticed but it was just odd. It may be a good product but like Kilo said I've moved on and am glad that in this case I don't have a bottle of it sitting on my shelf. I have enough products I don't use and I actually know what they do.

If you can't say if it has abrasives, chemical paint cleaners, sealants or organic waxes in it then I'm not going to buy it just because it has a cool name and great label.

"Black Light Radiant Finish has a fully synthetic nano blended formulation with a massive emulsion of gloss enhancers coupled with the new bi - blend technology" <-- That reads like the detailing equivalent of corporate speak. They just threw in every power word they could come up with.

And unfortunately most all their products read like that so it is hard to make out if I'm ordering the right thing for what I want done. On my first order I ordered the wrong glaze and didn't realize it till it was too late and on my second I had to reread the descriptions of the soaps several times to make sure I got the one I really wanted.

+1 on the site, I've never had to use the search function in a browser just to find the spot to click to get to car wash shampoo before.

9. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

yeah site isnt put together right.but i personally love blacklight. not the best AIO but it does work very well and i continue to to use it.for the price of their products you cant really beat it.none of their stuff is out of this world awesome.but they do their job and out last most the over the counter items.they could have a great market if they actually took the time to make their site better and spell shit right on their bottles.