Carpro IronX vs Wolfs

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by 911Fanatic, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Andy6228

Andy6228 Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for the review. AG was out of IronX when I looked, its on backorder.

2. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Would be curious on the result of Iron X Gel applied with a foam applicator compared to Iron X Spray.

3. Jeff120

Jeff120 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the test!
    Interesting to see how some differ in use. I usually Iron X then clay, as sometimes on my personal or well cared for vehicles it gets most of the contamination off and I dont need to clay or clay as aggressively.

4. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I have actually done this test and the spray works MUCH better. The soap, does do its job but just not as well as the spray.

I usually spray down the surface with the Iron X and clay after. I have noticed that it makes it a little easier to remove the contaminants like Jeff is saying. You don't have to be as aggressive with the clay.

5. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I add a an ounce of the Iron-X gel and a squirt of the Iron-X Soap to each spray bottle of Iron-X Spray to make to more gel like for better cling and stronger too. I hated to see so much of the unmixed spray running right off the cars and only decontaminating my driveway.

When did the big jugs of Iron-X spray chang from 5L to 4L, but the price stayed the same?

I've just ordered a 5L jug of Wolf's to try that out. I like the idea of being able to leave it for long periods on wheels.

May end up keeping both products around

6. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I wonder how these compare to ValueGuards ABC system?

7. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

I've considered this, IronX is aimed at removing Iron Fallout however it doesn't address acid, dirt buildup, and other organic/inorganic contamination. One thing throwing me off is the B Step since you must use a pretty abrasive pad to wipe the paint. 3 wash steps is kinda of a pain as well. The few reports I read found the system really did brighten the paint. I'm holding off for Dr.G's system, high hopes for it to be more effective and way safer.

IronX really isn't the cheapest way to decontaminate your vehicle, and that smell is by far the most negative out of the experience.

8. picus

picus Virgin Detailer

IronX does smell terrible, and it isn't cheap, but I have to admit it works really well at removing embedded contamination where clay has a hard time getting. I still prefer an ABC system overall, but it isn't as easy/as fast as ironx and is often unnecessary. I did try the wolfs product but found it to be a little too gentle.

9. richy

richy Guest

I still have some of this stuff left. It was a disappointment to me.

10. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Interesting, great to hear back from someone who has used both systems! I can't wait till Optimum brings out their product to address serious decontamination.