Carpet stripes - leave or brush out?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by bvhbmw, Nov 28, 2009.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That would be nice on your own car but on a customer car I would say that is crossing the line a bit, haha. Carpet at least it can be taken away if wanted. I may have to make some vinyl this weekend and try that out for the heck of it...hmm wonder what I should make it say...

2. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I agree, it would be very cheesy. It'd be more for doing some demos at shows or something.

3. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

I prefer to get rid of all the strips and groom the carpet in all one dirrection, just looks clean no snazzy stuff for me haha

4. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I used to like the "prison stripes" as I've come to call them from learning from another detailer (NorCal Bob). But after doing some details with him a year ago, I prefer much more to have it all one direction. To me it just looks neat and tidy.. simple and clean. :shrug:

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Some carpets are a little worn and stripping does help break the worn look up.

6. bimmer nation

bimmer nation Birth of a Detailer

love the lines customers always comment on how clean the carpet looks and stuff

7. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

In my own cars I don't really care for them but on I customer's car I would leave them in.