Carnauba Wax Storage

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Marc08EX, May 16, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Target has a small fridge for sale, $75. not bad looking one also.

2. chost10

chost10 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

+/- 10 degr celcius

3. nothelle

nothelle Birth of a Detailer

Has anyone damage their wax by putting it in the fridge?

4. jackson

jackson Virgin Detailer

nothelle,
    how do u mean by damage? mine keeps on going strong like the day i put them in the fridge.

5. ProCustom

ProCustom Virgin Detailer

Wax popsickle

6. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Reviving an old thread...I store my waxes and sealants in a mini-fridge in our garage. The only other thing we keep in there is bottled water. A couple weeks after I put the waxes and stuff in there, my mom came to me complaining that the waters we kept in the fridge tasted weird...almost like wax. I drank one, and she was right, it had a taste to it that reminded me of the way my waxes smell. (Does that even make sense?) I put all my waxes in plastic bags and the problem went away. But I'm curious now...how on earth could the waxes, sealed in their containers, effect the taste of never-opened bottles of water?

Clark

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

This happens if you have lots of spices in a fridge also...it is a pretty sealed inclosed area...the wax will outgas scents and solvents into the air outside of the pot..as the are not 100% air tight and things around them may soak up the vapors. Not harmful but reason my family at home has a mini fridge they keep all the spices and what not in to keep them away from the other foods so they do not leech out.