Carnauba Wax Storage

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Marc08EX, May 16, 2010.

1. jackson

jackson Virgin Detailer

oh yes, it is. it becomes almost solid like. so what i do is, before use, let it out of the fridge for about half hour. then it takes a very very liquid form.

2. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

baller.

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Any Rag Vehicle Washer

+1

Maybe not the Collies but M16 really does need some cold place. Even if it was 25 degrees celcius at home it spilled its juices all over the cabinet.

845 does seem to be very much affected in texture by temperature. Even 2-3 degrees make it liquid or jelly. I can't think of a rise in temperature more than 5 degrees, would it become gas then? :)

4. ndrom

ndrom Two Bucket System Washer

I keep all of my waxes in the basement. I have a sizable collection (~40 or so), and have never had a problem.

I do have a jar of Souveran that I lent to a customer who stored it somewhere and it melted. Upon solidification, it crystallized weird. It works fine, but it looks like nasty slush.

I have a friend with a few thousand dollars of wax in an aluminum attache case...

5. c32AMG-DTM

c32AMG-DTM Birth of a Detailer

...handcuffed to his wrist?

:)

To the OP, keep all of my waxes inside, out of direct sunlight, on a bookshelf. They seem to like it. :shrug:

6. rs1tc

rs1tc Virgin Detailer

Yes, it lets the clients (and on-lookers) know I mean business.

7. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

I wish houses here in AZ have basements!! Well expensive homes do but normal homes typically don't have it... :(

Thanks for everyone who replied! Much appreciated!

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Bring this topic back, any reason to store QD in a cool fridge? Such as OID, FK, Scholl SW20. Going to use a mini fridge in my apartment to keep wax's in. Going to set the temp on water side, keep temp around 55-60*F if I can.

9. G8GXP

G8GXP Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You can if you want, but I see no need for it.. jmo

I've always stored mine in the laundry room where it's between 72-74 degrees. I have four cabinets and a shelf that I store all of my detailing products in including OID and FK and many others with no problems.

As far a storing carnauba wax in the fridge. I was told by Swissvax it wasn't needed, and Zymol told me they don't house any of their stock, or orders in the fridge.

If you want to store your waxes in the fridge, I don't guess it won't hurt them.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I dont store wax's in fridges, just was wondering. Few of my wax's, E-Zyme, Insignis get really soft and like to keep them cooler so they stay harder and "together" so was thinking of using a spare mini fridge, it is half the size of a doom fridge so it is small to keep some wax's in.

11. jxu

jxu Virgin Detailer

Wax in mini fridge, my AG HD isnt worth enough, well thankfully its cold enough to Canada most of the time to just leave it in my garage.

12. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

it stays 90+ in mygarage in the summer guess i need to move some things

13. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

i keep mine in my fridge as well. but not coli 845. if it ever gets too gelled up just heat up some water in a cup and let the bottle of 845 sit in the hot water for a bit. always does the trick for me.

14. chost10

chost10 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Like this ?:thumb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. JonM

JonM Guest

where did you get that?

16. jackson

jackson Virgin Detailer

chost10, nice fridge!

17. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

chost10, nice collection and well organised ... love your fridge

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Only issue is that fridges get too cold from looking around. I am looking at red whine coolers as they can keep internal temps around 60-65 which is just about right. What is the temp of the inside of your fridge chost10?

19. vxrmarc

vxrmarc Two Bucket System Washer

Mini fridges have been fine with my waxes , some of mine in this fridge

[​IMG]

20. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Heres my two high-end LSPs chillin in my second fridge:

[​IMG]