Canadian meat pie

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by pirex, Sep 23, 2008.

1. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

So, anyone tasted or made this?

Tourtière - Quebec Meat Pie?

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

whats' canadian meat pie?

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Sounds dirty!

4. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

i duno... i am canadian, and I do not think that even I have had this. But it sounds good!!
    mmmmmmmmm... meat pie

5. Nica

Nica Banned

lol...no, no nothing dirty..I've had it once I personally didn't like it, it's not for me...nothing wrong with it, it's eatable but the restaurant where I had it just added way too much spice and who knows what else.

A co-worker brought some in one day and I tried his home made pie and it was great, so it's good just depends who and how it's made :shrug:

6. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

describe it.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

um..hmm..well it looks like a regular apple pie, but instead of apples or sweet it has meat. You can add just about any kind of meant but the ones I've tasted have been done with beef...I'd love to try a chicken stile lol...just me though.

My co-worker says that his wife gets creative and adds potatoes, carrots...to be honest to me it looked like beef stue but inside a pie...if that makes sense to you.

8. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

Tourtiere is French Canadian and is very different from the familiar meat pies like steak and kidney. The meat is ground or chopped fine (I think pork is most common) and mixed with finely chopped potatoes. Compared to English meat pies they seem a little dry. I guess you gotta be Quebecois! Now, a sugar pie on the other hand-that's something they make that everybody loves!:mounty:

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

so, it's kinda like a pot pie?

10. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

Not really. It's a lot drier and the meat and potatoes are in very fine pieces. They are especially popular around Christmas.