Bumper Bully?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chas, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I'm moving into Arlington, VA soon which is a typical city with lots of parallel parking. I won't have access to my own spot so I have been thinking about getting a bumper guard like bumper bully to save the rear bumper from getting shredded to bits from awful parkers. Anyone have experience with these or thoughts on them? I won't be the typical person who drives with it on, I'll put it in the trunk before leavin.

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

That's definitely a good idea. If you have a car that's in great shape and you know you will be forced to park it in areas that are prone to idiotic drivers/parkers, it would be in your best interest to use these things. I know I would.

3. GTIDamien_407

GTIDamien_407 Birth of a Detailer

Seems like a good idea to me and you wont really have to worry about getting hit from the sides because you will be doing parralell parking. Is this just for the back bumper or the front too?

4. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

haha before i even read through the whole post i thought jokingly to myself, "hope he's not one of the many people i've seen who drive with them!" god forbid someone bumps you at a red light! hahah

im sure they help, although it probably just screams "sure go ahead and bump me for the heck of it"

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Just get steel bumpers.

6. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Steel bumpers on a Mazda3 would look hardcore. I almost feel like getting a towhitch installed so I can put something on haha.

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Lol, get some real crazy ones with some welded on spikes. You'll know if something hit you because their fender will be impaled and hanging off the spike.

8. viOlaziOne

viOlaziOne Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I would be careful with the bumper bully and anything that touches the paint for that matter .. I've had more than one friend have issues with fading paint (from prolonged use) and actually dealing with scratches on the bumper from either putting it in place, putting it away and/or leaving it on while driving (sounds insane but some people consider THAT safe) .. in my experience with the parking wars (working in Newark, NJ) is that there is NO item to protect your car from bad drivers .. park defensively, keep your alarm on as sensitive as permissible and try to keep an eye out for who is parking next to you and what color cars are around you .. hopefully nothing happens to your baby, good luck !!