Brands rarely discussed...

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Dontsleeponit, Dec 10, 2007.

1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I use Sonus products a lot and really like them. Their polishes SFX 2 and 3 are superb on soft to medium cc. The clay is also great for regular maintenance. The leather cleaner and conditioners are also amazing and they really restore the new leather scent rather than using heavy perfumes that don't last. The Cockpit Detailer and Total Eclipse leave a clean matte finish. The All in One Cleaner (APC) works very well on the interior and exterior without discoloration. I strongly recommend this line of products, though it is a bit pricey. Last week I tried their Carnauba Spritz (QD) and I was impressed, it left a nice gloss and also added depth to the paint - it is similar to Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

2. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I think I chimed in about Prima before, but their stuff is good. Second 110% on the Hydro. Also, I like their glass cleaner, Clarity, as well and almost use it exclusively. Their wash, Mystique, I found to be a great cleaner shampoo without being too harsh. Also, Nick Martinez, the owner, is a super nice guy to deal with.

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Have you use their filling glaze? I am wondering if it mutes flakes before of the level of filling abilities.

4. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

I'm sure I've mentioned Prima Epic a couple of times here and on Autopia but you're right, you don't hear very much about this line. I've been really happy with it. It looks good kinda nuba like (at least to me), it has descent durability and it leaves a really slick finish. Prima Hydro just rocks. Every time I use it I think "damn I should use this more often". Its super easy to use and always makes my black paint look good. Their car wash soap is pretty nice albeit a bit pricey when compared to Megs, Duragloss and the like. I want to try their QD next which I've heard is also very nice.

5. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Prima polishes and Amigo glaze are top notch
    Up there with menzerna and the others

If not better than menzerna on occasion (for correction)

6. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

7. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Not a fan of wickeds

8. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Negative on the filling glaze. Have not used it.

9. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Have not noticed any muting of metallic flakes from Amigo

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Besides 425, Finish Kare really isn't all that talked about IIRC. I haven't heard of anyone using their chemical decontamination system.

11. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

this is true fk has a bunch of products.. when i made my first and only order of a gallon of 425 and the 32 oz bottle i actually put for the free sample fk425...lol... everyone was hyping it up sooo much. personally i think it does attract less dust than anything else and it's easy on/off without streaking or smearing as well as not leaving any film behind is a great benefit.. but it really doesn't add much and it doesn't help with beading very much. great for anti static but no real added benefits for looks and i have sparkling graphite so i should have seen some pop.. but nothing really.

i really haven't heard much on another product from FK, i have a sample of something i just forgot what it is!! lol

12. rdhamill

rdhamill Virgin Detailer

I have used some of the Gliptone products. I find the cleaners to be great, and good value. The wax is nice. Have not used any of the polishes. I might try more, but it's very hard to find the product line.

13. ziggo99

ziggo99 Birth of a Detailer

I've tried Finish Kare's 215 One Step Cleaner & Surface Sealant. I liked it, but then again I had it on for a month before some storm damage happened so I couldn't tell how long it lasted. I got a 31oz bottle of it, so it's more of a product I grab if I'm doing a family member or friend's vehicle sealant than what my go to for my car.

14. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

the gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner are brilliant products

i use their conditioner on my dad's cars with italian leather, seems to work best there

there is one company that uses rebranded gliptone for their cleaner and conditioner......no names

i got my gliptone off ebay uk, about 40 bucks shipped to me in Aus, though im still on my original bottles some 3 years later

15. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Mothers

16. PT747

PT747 Virgin Detailer

I worked at a car parts store back in the mid-90's and also did side work detailing cars at my house. So when ever we'd get a new product in, the manager would give it to me and say go test this out. I recently found a box of these products in my parents attic. The box contained:

One Grand: Blitz Wax, Omega Glaze, Plastic Polish
    Mothers: Various can waxes and cream waxes, polishes, Back-to-Black trim cleaner
    Collinite: Which I still use today!
    Blue Coral: Auto-Fom (Messy Product, turns hard white!)
    The Wax Shop: Various Products
    Eagle One: Various Propducts
    Meguires: NO.7 glaze, nice product
    Etc....

They have been in that attic for atleast 16yrs and they are as fresh as ever!

17. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Eagle one......

18. rfinkle2

Oh yeah... Eagle One.

19. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

never used it, i put it below mothers....... and above Nufinish or whatever is in that orange bottle at the target.

20. rfinkle2

A2Z wheel cleaner may be the best OTC wheel cleaner available, imo.