Brands rarely discussed...

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Dontsleeponit, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion was about these brands that are seldom discussed on this and other forums...

One Grand
    Gliptone (OTC)
    Sonus
    Sonax (NTS7)

Ive used one grand paste wax, very durable but kind of blah in the looks department. Ive heard good things about Sonus clay and some of their other products. Someone told me Sonax wheel cleaner is really good, very safe. And Im always seeing these gliptone products at stores in my area, and was curious about them.

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I'll add one

Liquid Glass (OTC)

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I've heard the same about Sonus, so far I've got my self lots of sonus pads and I like them :thumb:

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Nica uses alot of Sonus pads, and i have heard good things about their clay.

NTS7 makes cheap products. tried most all of them, not worth it. their foaming interior cleaner smells really good though

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

NTS7 is the BMW soap that you get form the dealership. haha what nobody talks about anymore is Mothers.

6. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

I think Sonax actually has a line they market under the Sonax name and not nts7, I forget where I saw it though.

None of you guys have ever seen this Gliptone brand at autozone/straus/pepboys... Or is it just known to be crap? They have a full line of chemicals and stuff, even MFs and tools.

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Sonus
    Eagle One
    Jorgens Garage (looks like a CG relabel)

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I've heard that Sonus clay is pretty good, just as fine as Pinnacle green clay.
    Out of NTS7 I really like leather foam, cockpit cleaner, and Nano carnauba wax (smells like pure oranges). never like soap that mush, nor their QD spray wax (it streaks)...same is for a glass cleaner - streaks...

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Are you sure its NTS? I think its P21S. same bottle same smell?

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

it actually is Sonax (NTS7).

11. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

gliptone makes a nice shampoo. i used to by gliptone pro products from a detail truck .there ok mostly high volume dealership stuff. stick with boutiqu products

12. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

someone also told me that sonax is the only BMW OEM approved wheel cleaner, because it is ph neutral...

13. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Although P21s and Sonax's soap seem similar. I think the BMW soap is 100% identical to NTS7's soap.

Sonax makes some nice stuff and a while ago I was looking to try out some of their polishes.

*cough* ....Chris let me know *cough*

I think the Euro stuff blows the "NTS7" stuff out of the water...but no luck on samples yet.

14. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

so no ones ever messed with the one grand stuff?

Is there a better place to buy sonus clay from then autopia? I havent seen it anywhere else

15. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Autopia = sonus. I think they keep the clay exclusive, but I could be wrong.

I thought about getting some 1grand...but then decided to get some products that I was familiar with instead. (haha guess which one?).

16. PhantomGoat

PhantomGoat Guest

Jorgens is a CG relable

17. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I have used alot of the Sonax products (nano polishes, paint cleaner ,extreme wax and wheel cleaner). The nano polishes really do a great job as does the paint cleaner and the wax. I can't really compare it to anything other than the Meguiars products I have also used and find they both seem to have their strengths. The Sonax wheel cleaner works like a bomb though, spray it on dry and it leave it while you rinse the rest of the car. The brake dust literally washes off with a hose and if you use a pressure washer there is rarely any scrubbing or brush work needed. I have also yet to have any issues with polished wheels, ect and the product is also ph neutral as was mentioned and not acidic like most wheel cleaners ;-)

18. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

some of the Gliptone products are very good...the one I like is the Leather products...and the QD....both very good products...and thier paste wax the non cleaner is nice also...they have a PRO chemical section also but I never used any...the 3 I mentioned are very good....I tried thier Pro glaze and was not excited over it....

Now I heard from friends the tire and trim jel is very good...I never used it....and also the wheel wash....

it's basicly a New England based product since its made in New York....

Also the Shampoo sold at the BMW dealers is Sonax..but not the NTS7 stuff..its night and day...I bought a few bottles at the local BMW dealer and had a sample of the NTS 7 and they do not act alike...the BMW braand is much better...as far as cleaning....suds..and final looks...

the NTS7 did not produce much suds...cleaning was fair..and did not leave the nice gloss like the BMW stuff...

Al

19. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

That is what I use before I found AG. I liked it! Now... I have learned so much and tired so may new products... I really am not sure if it was a good product. It would be nice to do a side by side comparison. If I do one in the spring I will post my result. mmmm... now where did I put that Liquid Glass... :shrug:... I might have pitched it :shrug:

20. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Simoniz :006: