Bought more JUNK!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by FMINUS, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

To be honest..it will work...but you will notice that when the pad hits the paint it will tend to drop RPM's a bit..if its just for a hobby use then its good..if you do cars weekly..save your money and get a better one like a Makita..Hitachi ..the speeds on these are more constant and build quality is way better...

AL

2. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

dengood1..iirc..Cwad had a the exact one to get the job done .. there is a difference between the one posted and a Makita kinda like a caddy versus a geo metro..lol..anyways i think kirk mentioned his crapped out early..

if your looking for a decent polisher and i dont know that your are ..buying a Hitachi might be the way to..

3. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

thanks guys........I'm sure the quality wouldn't be there and I mostly detail for a hobby so having the "best" isn't necessarily necessary:) I'm just looking for something to speed up the polishing process a bit over a PC. Hell, for $29 bucks I'm in! Would I need any special adapters or pads for this one? What pads/bp combos would you guys recommend? Thanks.

Dennis

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I am in the process of getting my own pads made, to this day I have not yet found the ideal pad. These are made in the UK and dense like the old SONUS pads. All my pads will also be my specs!!! And no gimmicky "weave cuts/holes" or whatnot that gunks up polish!

[​IMG]

Abralons on IN!

[​IMG]

DG is in!
    [​IMG]

Got a sample from Mehgan at AG! Going to post a review as soon as I use it!

[​IMG]

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Right on the money! I bought this machine to run the pads through the Pad washer with. Sometimes water gets all over the place and I dont want to mess up the Metabo

6. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

nice Phil.... are you using Abralon for polishing or for wetsanding? couldnt tell what you ordered from DG.... anyways nice quality stuff there as always

7. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

wow getting speciality made pads?

8. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

AWESOME!!!

I'm definitely looking forward to the pads made to your specs, as well as your reviews of Polycharged LS & DG.

Plz post pics of Abralons in action too! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet mother that is sweet :wicked:

I've been thinking of getting some of those air tools :thumb: :thumb:

I'm looking forward to a review bro :worship2: :worship2:

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yea I know its dumb,
    But I thought, what the hell......

[​IMG]

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Not dumb. Only thing is some people may think it's FMJNUS instead of FMINUS.

12. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

so ur pads won't get gunked up?? so are they relabeled CG pads?? BTW... looks like Meghan is trying to keep you in on the dark side of AG by bribing you with some new product

13. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Nah, all you've gotta do is ask for a sample from AG and they usually take care of you. He probably ordered the 5 gallons of DG from there.

14. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

These pads will not be from CG, CG doesn't make their own pads. These will be in from the UK.
    I bought the DG from DG direct.

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

ha ha.. that's funny!!!

Soo, when are you going to get some pads in?? Hmmmm - remember your boys....lol

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

anyone who would think that I dont want to do business with!
    :thumb:

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Like the idea of the business cards Phil. But how about registering your own domain name? If you get it done with 1&1, it's very cheap and you get a ton of email addresses. Would look very professional!

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I thought about it, but I really dont need to look like a business. I just got tired of people asking for the cards.

I dont take any new clients, unless if its a car I really want to do. I dont think its fair for old clients to have to wait 5 months for a detail. My next slot is Sept 13th! :thud:

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Good points across the board Phil! In the end, it's enjoyable to take care of the vehicles that you've already been working on!

20. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

It also gets old doing the same cars over and over, Im not in it for the money so what Ive been doing is taking in new cars I want to do and forwarding the maintenance jobs out to some detailers I trust in the area for a small override.