Blackfire Wet Diamond separation

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by grease, Feb 8, 2010.

1. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

Hey guys. I opended my bottle of Blackfire WD and accidently squeezed the bottle too hard before I had shaken it. A dark blue liquid came out and I lost about a 1/2 capful of this liquid. What did I lose?

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

someone who has BFWD will chime in. I'm guessing since like a lot of different products even some food products like salad dressings the layers separate as the oil based stuff sits on top until someone shakes it. What ever it was that was lost i'm sure will not effect the quality of the product.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I've noticed the dark blue separated liquid in a sample bottle I have poured for someone. I have no idea what that particular section is, but my guess is maybe polycharger?

4. grease

Thanks for the replies. The liquid made my fingers extremely slick....so I was thinking it might be the oils used for gloss and slickness?

Ill have to buy the Deep Gloss Spray sealant while the sales are going...That should be a good topper just incase Ive lost some of the 'beauty enhancers'...

5. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Polycharger most likely.

Not a bad thing. Just don't squeeze when shaking so hard next time ;).

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

BFWD is blue when properly shaken. The dark blue slick liquid is probably the oils in the product and possibly the Polycharger. When my two bottles first arrived, I noticed the same thing. It's probably not a good thing that you lost some of that but the product should still be usable.

Just make sure to shake extra well when you actually want to apply BFWD to your vehicle...hopefully you're planning on it soon because it is a stunningly good looking sealant.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Shake it up and you should be good to go...

8. grease

Here is the response from Phil @ CMA. Sorry, I forgot to post this...

Hi,

I asked the chemist about what happened with your Wet Diamond and he said that was mostly polymers that you lost, and the only degradation, if any, you might see is the durability. He said to shake the bottle well before you use it next time and you should be fine.

Also, if the product has frozen, this could hurt not only the durability but you will also notice the application is different, and my not go on evenly.

Happy Motoring!

Phil

9. merlin3008

merlin3008 Birth of a Detailer

I actually had the same problem with my bottle of blackfire. I shook it a bit and nothing happened. But after a while of shaking, I could tell the viscosity of the liquid inside actually change and the product appeared normal again. I guess it had to integrate somehow. Application and removal are unchanged and durability appears to be as good.