Blackfire vs Collinite

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Wss03, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Piku

Piku Virgin Detailer

I am not worried about the slickness. I will be using Optimum Instant Detailer after every wash so that will help keep it nice and slick. :)

2. yakky

yakky Two Bucket System Washer

I don't have much experience with BFWD, but my initial tests show durability to be not so good. Somehow I never get the durability everyone else gets, but then again, only one of my cars is garaged. I have had BFWD on one car for about a month and the beading is really starting to fall off now (just washed the car today). 845 holds strong for 2-3 months for me before it starts to trail off.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

What kind of surface prep are you doing?

4. yakky

yakky Two Bucket System Washer

It all depends, sometimes a full polish, sometimes just clay. In the case of the BFWD, it was already polished and covered with 845 a few months back. Then I clayed the car and topped with BFWD. Regardless, IMO the environment I keep the cars in is not friendly to any LSP. I live in a strong acid rain zone, I wash frequently, the cars are driven >200 miles per week and they live outdoors.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Durabilitywise, Collinite 845 wins hands down. Extremely durable, cheap, application/removal is a breeze. This will always stay in my arsenal.

6. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

Collinite is tough, and i use it during the winter. would it be worth it or just a waste to combo 845 with FMJ?

7. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

I second this. In terms of durability, 845 is all you need.

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Another bonus to using collinite 845, is I've had excellent results with the length of time water will bead on the surface. For customer cars, this is an advantage that they can see value in.

9. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Collinite beading is scond to none. Haven't seen a product yet that beads like it or even close to it.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

+1. The ONLY thing I put on clients cars between October and April.