Black interior + dust = messy. Messy + Master Blaster = CLEAN!

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by bvhbmw, Aug 26, 2012.

1. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

I am always frustrated how much tiny dust shows on the interior of my 2011 BMW M3 with all black interior. Wiping it up with dampend cloths doesn't really do the trick. Yesterday after my wash I was using my 8HP Master Blaster car blower to dry the exterior and I thought "hey, why not?" so I opened both doors and carefully blew air around inside the car, setting up a flow that exited the passenger door.

WOW! The dust is gone and the remaining vacuuming was minimal. I will now do this more often, of course being careful not to blast air too forcefully at the dash. You can't do this in a dusty outside environment, but for me it worked wonders.

I don't know if this is news to anybody, but I thought I would share.

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I have done that with a leaf blower before.

I get some odd looks but whatever

3. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Yes I've done that with a leaf blower too. Help get all the junk from the crevices out in the open so you don't have to try and fit your array of attachments into the nooks and crannies.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

ok, good.......... thought i was being ghetto. When you have a suburban it makes life easier.

5. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

Never thought of doing this. I'll give it a try this week

6. dblackn

dblackn Two Bucket System Washer

I do use a leaf blower if I don't feel like lugging out the compressor, I get looks all the time, I just say im trying to get the leaves out. Ha