big mistake! used wrong cleaner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by chingatorz, Mar 21, 2013.

1. chingatorz

chingatorz Virgin Detailer

Hi there, new here, and I made a big mistake while detailing our car. Instead of using Einszett Cockpit Premium I used Sonax wheel cleaner :badidea:
    I didn't look at the bottle when I got it, I just got the gray looking one and I didn't realize my mistake until I was about done with the interior plastics and dash. I remember saying to myself, "no wonder this smelled funky!"
    So my question is, will that damage my interior?? I did wipe it down about twice with clean wet microfiber towels, and even sprayed water straight on the dash, but I just want to make sure.
    Thanks everyone!!

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

If you haven't noticed anything yet you should be just fine. Maybe Phil will chime in.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Should be fine.

4. chingatorz

Thank you for the quick replies, I really wanted to hear some good news, and by the looks of it everything looks ok so far, nothing has fallen off, and no red ooze dripping down the dash :thumb:

5. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Were you able to get the smell out of the interior? That's the only thing I would have been worried about.....screw it, melt my dash...just please don't let my interior smell like Sonax. :beg:

6. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Hope it wasn't a Toyota. Some dashboards are crumbling without any wheel cleaners.:yikes:

7. chingatorz

you guys are hilarious, not a Toyota, it is a Mini but the smell did take a while to go away

8. Mike Lambert

Mike Lambert Birth of a Detailer

When I was inthe fire dept. they taught us to look at the package , look at the contents, look again ,then inject it. Lots of bottles feel the same.
    I am glad you have no problems, and lucky you do not have nav!

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you what????EWWWWWW! DUDE! Now it's gonna smell like rotten eggs....j/k. be sure you get every bit of a product out of a dashboard and let it air out for a while...