Better than Ultrafina?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by kenny1775, Sep 26, 2008.

1. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

what's your favourite middle step Asphalt?

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

SIP with a green pad. Sometimes will need a white pad then I go back over with a green pad, then if ready I do the final polishing.

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I didn't think Wet Mirror Finish had ANY correction abilities. I've used it many times and never seen it correct a single thing. UF has however never let me down on getting rid of holograms.

4. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

well i started with:
    CG pro polish/white MPT pad(rotary)
    tried UF/blue 3M pad(but didnt get the finish i wanted)(rotary)
    switched to:
    CG WMF/black LC pad(flex)

the car finished off really nice with the pro polish, only thing that didnt come out probably needed to be color sanded, but i dont think Scions have enough clear. Its my DD so i dont care about perfect, but i dont want holograms.

Like i said i tried the UF and blue pad, but it didnt work the way i thought it would. I have CG cut7.0 which is 7000 grit polish and i am thinking of trying it out just for S and G's

5. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

like asphalt said, maybe after the cg polish it needed a polish with a cut between cg and ultrafina. hopefully things will work out for you..

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Jake that is my feeling, but I don't use CG polishes, but from what is being described above I do feel there is a need for a mid-polish.

7. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Maybe something like #106fa???

8. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

what's the cut of the cg polish from 1-5, 5 being the most cut..???

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You could depending on the what the paint looks like, this is were your knowledge of doing this comes in. Once you have done this for awhile you will just reach for what is needed and go from there. I just like to have everything at my disposal, from ip, fpII, 106, M105, powergloss, Extracut, Ultrafina. This way whatever you run into, hard or soft clears you know you will get it corrected to best the paint can be. There are only so many polihes, compounds that you really need. I know everyone likes to try stuff but you really only need a handful of products to get the job done. Over time you will find what certain polishes work for you and get the perfect results you desire.

10. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Spoken like a true Master :meditation:

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks for the compliment Kenny, always try to help.

12. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

I'm working on new status titles for the Super-Pros on this forum...

"Wax Guru" seems apropriate for you Sir. :worship2:

13. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

UF needs 1800 - 2000 rpm. Excellent polish.

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for that tip Thomas, I'll try higher RPMs next time. :thumb:

15. greedi

greedi Virgin Detailer

Which is better ;
    SIP followed by 106ff then UF or
    106ff followed by SIP then UF? THX

16. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

SIP, then 106FF.

17. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

I'm really starting to get excited about trying this Micro Polish now... :chips:

If this stuff finishes out nicer than Ultrafina, I might actually be able to make it through a whole month without buying something else :rolleyes:

18. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Awww Heck... Who am I kidding? [​IMG]

19. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Has anyone compared UF or 87MC to 1Z High Gloss? I used 1Z HG this weekend with a PC and it was a great product. But I not tried the others mentioned.

20. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

I've heard 1Z is supposed to be some pretty high-end stuff, but I don't see a lot of pros using it in the forums... it's a bit of a mystery brand to me [​IMG]