Better than Ultrafina?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by kenny1775, Sep 26, 2008.

1. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

wow! 85rd wins for more vote.
    I am voting for UF though. for the workability and finish. i dunno guys. just my opinion.
    i have to put it side by side again and maybe it'll change my mind..

2. jake_b

Now that is why i didn't vote for 85rd. coz when i tested it side by side with uf, uf delivered a better finish to it. i tested it on honda.. so there you go. different polish works on different situation. Thanks to this thread.

3. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Good point Jake... You gotta' look at the patient before you pick your medicine :golf:

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Not trying to Hi Jack the thread but will either of these work well with a PC?

5. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Process complete...

Just placed an order on 32oz. of the Micro Polish :headbang:

Knowing Chris (at E-Shine) it should be in by Tuesday :computer:

Thanks for the help gents, I'm toasting you all with my next beer :drinking2:

6. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Kenny, I think you'll be very happy with your decision. UF to handle the compounding cleanup/initial gloss, then when you really want to take those Hondas/Acuras to the max, follow up with the FPII/Micro Polish.

85RD is great stuff, no doubt, but it really is best on the medium to hard clears.

Let's see some pics when you get it!!

7. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Sure thing Supe' :picture:

8. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

For my purpose (93 white integra) i tried both and Micro Polish provided the best all the way around to polish my vehicle.

9. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Good to hear Dannyk:popcorn:

To be honest, I always get a little nervous when I spring for a new polish/wax/whatever cause I've bought a lot of stuff in the past that didn't really impress me :hmph:

I'm starting to develop a lot of faith in the opinions of some of these detailers on this forum though, because ater a while I started to realize that these guys are just as nutty (heck, some are even nuttier) as I am when it comes to Glossin' Paint :afro:

10. jake_b

somebody stop me!:fs: now i want me some micro polish.. :crash:

11. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

I hear you brother :afro:

I'm soooooo jealous of these guys here that own detailing supply shops and have every product under the sun :shakehead:

oh yeah, and Nica.. Not sure if he has a store, but I'm pretty sure he could fill one with his collection :p:

12. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i bought some UF based on the opinion of some members from another board, and i wasnt impressed. I followed the 600-1000-600 and it didnt remove any holograms like i was told it would

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Really, never had a problem with it working correctly. What was your process on the vehicle and what vehicle was it.

14. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Really? :shead:
    What kind of car was it?
    What pads did you use?

This was my first time using Ultrafina on a 2004 Honda Accord (soft clear)
    [​IMG]

It wasn't perfect (by my standards), but I think it did a respectable job on the holograms.

15. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Actually, my goal with this Micro Polish is to see if I can improve the Ultrafina finish on this Accord.:detective:

16. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i used the blue 3M pad they recommend. i still had holograms and small buffer trails. it was my blue onyx pearl scion Xb of the 06 variety. I had corrected via rotary with CG pro polish and a white MPT pad. but i had holograms and was advised by several people that it get rid of them. maybe i'm not good enough with a rotary yet. I had to break out the flex, black LC pad and wet mirror finish to get everything out. I did find that with the rotary and the pro polish the paint was a lot sharper. after i finished with the flew it lost some of its sharpness. thats why i wanted the UF to work so bad

17. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

You might want to give it another shot, advs1. UF has become my favorite holo remover, and it works even on the very softest finishes. The very softest I've seen was a black Bentley. Stupid soft clear. Using a no-bite red Edge wave foam pad and UF completely cleaned up the holos, leaving a finish that could only be improved upon with FPII/Micro Polish. The great thing about UF is that it has 'gram cleanup abilities on just about any finish you care to throw at it, hard or soft. Usually the stuff that works good on hard clears fails miserably on soft (like PO85RD or HZ Hoch Glanz). Nice to have a product that can handle em all.

18. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Hmm... I've never worked on Scion paint before, so I couldn't help much with this one :shakehead:

Maybe you should start a thread asking for help/advice with this?

I'd wager at least one or two of the pros here could get you up to "Full Gloss" :giterdone:

19. jake_b

that must be devastating. did you try with another finishing pad or maybe bump up the speed? is the pad clean?

the pros should chime in on this..

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I would try a middle step than follow up with UF on the blue pad again or the red as suggested.