Best Wheel Brush!!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Zookie, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

They have multiple sizes that can get into everything... the smallest one is PERFECT for honeycomb plastic areas, the medium one is great for small clearance areas and also good for door jambs... Great kit!

2. Tito TW

Tito TW Any Rag Vehicle Washer

3. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

EZ brushes were originally designed for motorcycle wheel cleaning, not the riggers of automotive. Although I loved the EZ brushes, they broke on me every couple months. Brush snapping off handle and rubber tip falling off. The Daytona brush was created by the same company, but is for automotive. Much more sturdy compared to the EZ brush. I've been using my full sized one for a year now and no issues. They just came out with the Daytona Jr like yesterday and gonna try that out soon.

4. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

all these brushes you guys are talking about are $30+ the one i mentioned is $5...

5. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Indeed, but the Wheel Woolies are a set of 3, not a single brush.
    Plus there's no metal in the design - no coated cheap to manufacture twisted wire - and you don't tend to get covered in crap when you pull the brush back out from between spokes.
    Every, and I genuinely mean every radial bristle wheel brush I've had the misfortune of using prior to the Woolies, has splattered me in some shape or form.
    Not nice when you're using particularly nasty chemicals to deal with serious grime build-up.

A number of the pros here in the UK bought these when they were first on the market (at an equivalent price of $65-70) a few years back, and only now are they thinking of buying a new set, now that they are being remanufactured.

As good as some brushes are, there's nothing that touches these, even when using not so dilute brick acid.

That is why the much lauded Paul D bought a load of sets when they ceased production of them, and vxrmarc bought 5 sets from the GB I organised on DW very recently.
    As well as Jay who posts up the TVR details he's become synonymous with, and others whom you won't know from here, the brushes will outlast practically everything else on the market, hence why they were pleased to see their return to production once again.

So before you make your next wheel brush(es) purchase, give some serious thought to the Woolies - they are that good!

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Yeah, I thought about these as well, because when you think about it, they don't have gaps in between bristles, like the standard brushes do.

Might have to order me a set. I think I posted up the thread on here about them, when PAC started selling them.

7. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

ok im convinced, i just hope PAC go easy on the shipping - they dont look like the handle can be removed for tighter packing

if not, is there anywhere else i can buy the woolie 3 pack from?

8. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

If you want, I can send you a set from the GB lot for AU $78 delivered/signed for.

9. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

I saw a similar brush (cuz it was Tampico) at a local detail shop heer in NJ and I was nervous about it because the tampico is stiff when its dry. The shop owner assured me it would be the best wheel brush I ever tried.
    Is it really that good?

Joe D

10. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

yup stiffness is less than Medium, and yes its really that good, been usuing it for 6 years... I usually soak mine before using it... my Wheels are Polished http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/local-events/11802-detailer-car-wash-atl.htm

11. domino

pm'd :thumb:

12. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

I am on my second EZ as well and the handle is already feeling a little weak after just 3 mos. Guess I will have to flip to the Daytona soon as well. I love how soft they are and very efficient, just need more durability. Other broken ones are relegated to exhaust tips now or engine bays.

13. domino

just received my wheel woolies and VERY dissappointed

the size of the larger wheel brush is laughable, and nowhere near as big as the advertised pics make it seem. And this is after i spread out the fibres

Eimann Fabrik Wheel Woolies

look at my pic, its not even longer than a pen, hell its not that much longer than the medium sized brush with fibres compressed - pathetic

dont waste your money guys

[​IMG]

14. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Welllll, the site does state 3inches...

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have a set of those and find the small and medium brushes work great. Haven't found a use for the biggest one yet.

16. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I have it all, but the audi wheel brush I got off my dealership is the best $5 I spend on detailing tools for wheels

[​IMG]

17. domino

i was expecting the head to be at least 1/3 the size of the stem as per the misleading pics
    - and also at least 5 times as large as the medium size

let me run the comparo again...

advertised
    [​IMG]

vs what they're shipping out
    [​IMG]

i got jibbed, im happy to admit it :doh:

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

19. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

I guess i'll get the ointment ready as I am waiting for mines to come in...we had a little GB down here a couple of weeks ago from a local detailer, and I ordered the set too!

If it's really that bad as you say, then maybe i'll put it to use as a glorified duster to wax my jars of nubas. Thanks for the heads up though.

20. domino

the fibres feel harsh to me, maybe they'll soften in water/soap...... im going to use them for under the guards and stick with my trusty proven EZ-Brush for wheel barrel duties