Best wash you ever used?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by awdxtc, Mar 2, 2012.

1. co78

co78 DB Forum Supporter

haven't tried any pinnacle products

2. Dr Oldz

Dr Oldz Birth of a Detailer

The Pinnacle Shampoo is not very good IMO. The Pinnacle new XMT shampoo however is really nice

3. LukeF

LukeF Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have tried Wolfgangs Auto Bathe [I assume it's *fairly* similar to Pinnacles] and although it did work well, Optimum still worked better. Maybe stick with Lusso then.

4. hippiesrock03

hippiesrock03 Virgin Detailer

Pinnacle Bodyworks is terrible. No suds at all.

5. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

I've decided to use Optimum car wash soap for the bucket wash, and Meguiar's Hyper Wash for foam cannon.
    I thought the Optimum foamed up nicely in my cannon until I tried both side by side today, boy the Meguiar's blew it out of the water, lol.

6. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

Duragloss 901 or Dodo Juice Sour Power Carnauba

7. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

Has any one tried mixing ONR with their shampoo & water? It's supposed to increase the lubricity of the shampoo.

8. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

I use Adams 80% of the time, but Lusso is awesome. Just love the slickness and smell.

9. Raven

Raven Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Lusso my #1 shampoo. If you're a wax man, this is the shampoo you need!

I like the Vic's super soap for maintenance wash too.

10. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I have used it but did not see any dramatic change but it will reduce suds a lot if you like suds.

I do not have a calibrated hand to judge lubricity well enough to make real comments.

11. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Anybody know what kind of soap was sent last year or two in samples with a $5 paypal to cover shipping by a fellow member, the soap was dark cherry in color, if I remember correctly smelled like cherry and very slick and glossy.

12. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

pretty sure that was majestic

13. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

I enjoy Griot's Garage Car Wash, it has very good lubricity and rinses very clean.

14. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

Sounds like Adams

15. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss aka MSUG is what you are thinking of

16. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

After using that in my noobish stages of detailing and now comparing it to others, I'm actually considering ordering a gallon or such, good stuff.

17. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

I've used quite a few over the years. My favorite for a freshly waxed car is 1Z perls. Love the end result. For a dirtier car, I like Optimum and CG CW. Foam gun-DP Xtreme foam-smells great. I have Lusso, but havent tried it yet. I also have BF shampoo and havent tried it yet either. I like Zaino's car wash too. All time stand by- Meguirs Gold Class.

18. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

I like the Lusso, very good lubricity when using a sponge. The P21s/R222 Bodywork Conditioner works great as well, though not as slick as Lusso. Recently tried 1Z Exclusive Gloss which also very good, although it doesn't have such a pleasant smell as you get with the two other mentioned, but it hasn't kept me away from using it. Lubricity, suds and ability to clean is up there with the best.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

19. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Best maintenace wash is Luso or Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Gentle and it will not harm your LSP. It is OK at removing dirt and has good Lubricity. The PoorBoys Super Slick and Suds is also a good economical shampoo. I like it for foaming the car. Lots of suds and no issues. Rinses well but a little more rinsing required than with the previous. P21S Body wortk cleanser is a good product, again no issues. I try alot of products, recently re-purchased the Luso.

If you stick to a top teir brand, I dont think you will go wrong.