Best Wash Mitt?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by noswirls, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I found this mitt in the garage the other day...it had never been used. How can I tell if it's sheep's wool? It appears to be, but I could be wrong.

[​IMG]

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Here are some pics of the mitts

One of these mitts has washed over 150 cars ( the equivalent of 3 years worth of weekly washes.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

man i want a red one and a black one. Those mitts look absolutely amazing. hopefully this next paycheck is a big one :druling:

4. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Just wondering...I found little bits of dirt and stuff in my wash mitt, and they seem to be stuck in it. What's the best way to get these out without harming the mitt?

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Being real wool you will find some stuff in there when they are new, best thing to use is a pet comb and comb the wool to get all the "organic" stuff out. Also helps keep it clean after you dry it to make sure grit and stuff from washing is removed as well. Pet combs are pretty cheap, they are metal unlike plastic ones most of us would use.

6. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

question for you guys that use sea sponges how long do they last?

7. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Ive used mine about 25-30 times and its just like it was the day I bought it.

8. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I have had mine for over a year. Same one. used once a week. I just take care off it and keep it very clean.

9. - Z -

- Z - Virgin Detailer

10. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

A neat trick I learned on another forum (autogeek) is to look inside the mitt to see what the inner walls are like. If it looks like skin and its sewed on, its likely real lambswool.
    That forum had pictures as well.

If synthetic, likely something else. Eg. otc, it was some mesh cloth.

Not accurate all the time but the good ones I've seen so far all seem to have this characteristic.

11. chost10

chost10 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

The yeti of Dodo Juice