Best soap for foam cannons?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by TONY MONTANA, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I have a Karcher PW and an AG Foam Cannon HP. I believe that the foam cannon is only rated up to 2,400psi, but not sure. It should say it on that paper they gave you in the box with the foam cannon. While running too much pressure will not have a negative effect on the foam, it can ruin the unit with continued use.

Anyways, here's what I do:

2-4oz of car wash soap, and the rest water. Any decent car wash soap will do. I turn up the dial all the way to the highest setting on "-". It's not what you'd think, "-" means more soap, "+" means less soap.

Try using it on the strongest "-" setting and then adjusting/twisting the front nozzle until the gun is generating good foam. You want the nozzle to be pinching the water/soap coming out at the front but you don't want it all the way closed. You have to find that just right position and then turn the "-" dial down a bit to use less solution. I really only get good foam at full strength or half a turn down from full strength, and my PREFERRED soap is DP Xtreme Foamula but I get good results from Dodo Sour Power, CWC, CG Wash & Wax, etc.

I agree with Phil, adding 1 or 2oz of ONR will really help soften the hard water we have in our area...there is a slight drop in foam, but it's worth it to help reduce water spotting.

2. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

3. Carbon

Carbon DB Forum Supporter

I use Adams and Optimum with good results

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

hyper wash is nice in the foam cannon :D