Best lube for claying?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Solidsnake, Aug 15, 2009.

1. GoCubsGo

GoCubsGo Any Rag Vehicle Washer

ONR clay lube at the recommended ratio is the most cost effective for me and I use a ton of lube when claying.

2. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Im using ONR as clay lube ... why we cant straightaway go to polish step if using ONR? do i need to wash it again with optimum car wash? or just washing with water?

How about for LSP? do i need to wash it after clay using onr?

3. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

ONR clay lube ftw. Somehow my claybars has more of a bite when using ONR vs QD.

4. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

excuse my newbieness... but what is ONR?

5. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Optimum No Rinse

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I use either ONR or Meg's Last Touch at 1:1.

7. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

This^^^

Best two I've found.

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

You should wash after claying to get rid of some of the clay residue that may be left over. Sometimes you will get very little clay bits that you may not see left on the paint and it is best to just do a quick wash to get a clean surface so you do not end up creating more work for yourself when you polish because something gets between the pad and polish and creates marring.

I would wash after claying, if you have a foam gun just foam the car and wash off with a jet style stream. If you use ONR to wash the car you can wax right after.

10. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

ok guys,

read all that you have posted here and yet again, I have learned a new trick.

mixing ONR with Megs #00 sounds great to me and I am going to try that this week. if that does not work that I already use megs final inspection and that does work great but does leave alot behind that will dry up if hot out so I am thinking about using that but will add some megs #00 h-tech to see if it is super lubricated like everyone says.

question. thought most of you were talking about the best for the buck detailers on claying but when I looked up a gallon of ONR it is 36.00 dollars and that does not include shipping costs (detailersdomain.com) when megs final inspection is 16 dollars less.

are we just trying to shoot for the best soap with water solution here that will wipe off super clean and work in really slick for the clay? sounds to me like the ONR is but man is that expensive. stuff must be really good.

11. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Your getting the wrong impresson. You dont use it straight.

ONR is a concentrated formula. You use it with its dilution ratios depending on how your using it, clay lube, quick detailer or rinseless wash. One gallon of ONR will make 64gal of clay lube by itself. Only 2oz is needed to turn one gal of water to clay lube.

Definatly the best bang for the buck.

12. WhataVUE

WhataVUE Virgin Detailer

Agreed. Super slippery cleaning action. Even on dried bugs that sat on the front ends of cars for days it like rehydrates them so they come off really easy