Best LSP for Pearl White?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Amos, May 27, 2009.

1. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Nice car (I have an 02' LS V8 myself). Needs debadging, though. :catfight:

On pearl white I wasn't too impressed with ZAIO and Z2PRO, it just looked CLEAN, wetness and glow wasn't there at all.

I don't think pearl white will ever look all that wet or deep, but Optimum Poli-Seal followed by OCW made a few pearl white cars I've done look pretty damn nice.

2. Hovy

Hovy Two Bucket System Washer

what about for a silver metallic? sealant or wax?

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Thanks! I've thought about the debadging, but don't know if it will take too much away from the back.

I've wanted to try OCW for a while now. Wonder how similar it is to DG aquawax.

4. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Definitely go for the debadge, it was the first thing I did when I got it home, it really cleans up the look of the back end. Takes like 2 minutes with a plastic razor blade or credit card, the letters pop off very easily. Any remaining adhesive cleans up with WD-40.

I've used DG AW a few years back, and it was a nice product (and cheap), but I feel OCW provides a warmer look and definitely better durability. AW is probably easier if you like to apply frequently.

5. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

I know that this recommendation will seem lame, but I recently detailed my Mum's ten year old pearl white Lexus. I DA polished it with ColorX and topped it with NXT. It looked very, very good. My niece stopped by to look at the paint and said, "That looks like pearl." Before it only looked "white."

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I would like to add Danase Wet Glaze topped with CMW to my list